Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    University wants me to provide contact details of my work experience referee.
    I will be undergoing a hospital volunteering in January (which is pretty late) and the person managing volunteering said that she does not make references. Therefore I don't think I will be able to put her as my referee. Which is a shame because the experience I will be doing then will be a strong one.
    So I'm thinking of contacting the place where I had work experience during Highschool. This means that it has been 2 years and they probably don't remember me.
    So I'm really stuck. I don't even know what to say if I call them. "Hi, my name is beep beep beep I had work experience in beep hospital home two years ago. I'd like to ask if I can put someone to be my work experience referee for university?" it just sound really weird... I'm not very good with phone conversations orz. Is there better way of phrasing it.

    Any advice on what I should do? My place at university feels at risk.

University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.