Turn on thread page Beta

Fear of going outside! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am 16 and I've been living in Hackney all my life.
    (by the way I think I am posting this on the right section)

I have learned that gang members move onto people at around my age and steal what they have. I have been in this situation two times and in both of them they had knifes pulled out and once they stole £20 and another they stole my phone. If I tried to fight back I would probably be stabbed as I have heard many boys try being brave and end up in the hospital.

Hackney is well known for gangs, I mean I go to posh areas and when I say I come from Hackney they look at me with a shocked facial expression. I am scared that I will get stabbed and to prevent this I always thinking of joining a gang so that I would have people behind me to defend me.

I don't know what to do, as it isn't easy to move out straight away. I am in a situation where I always need to think about where I am going because if I go somewhere I don't belong, most probably I am going to be in deep trouble..

I mean I don't know if this is where I should talk about this but I don't know.
    Don't know what type of reply I expect to be honest, I am blank in the head.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Learn where they tend to hang out/be and avoid those places if you can. Best advice I can give you.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.