Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

just wanted to know the average price people pay for Maths tution for A level Maths (C1/C2/S1 etc)

How much should I charge per hour? Is there a price range? I've always tutored for free and never charged people but now circumstances have changed and I cant afford to continue tutoring for free.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Hi there

just wanted to know the average price people pay for Maths tution for A level Maths (C1/C2/S1 etc)

How much should I charge per hour? Is there a price range? I've always tutored for free and never charged people but now circumstances have changed and I cant afford to continue tutoring for free.

Thanks
    Start at around £20 and see how many requests you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Hi there

Thanks
    It entirely depends, but if they aren't too far away and your a good tutor, i'd say £15+ onwards per an hour.
    Which to be fair is a lot better then what you get with groups like Kumon around £9+ but you get more support.

ReputationRep:
    £20 is fair.

ReputationRep:
    £20-£30.

:hello:

If you're in London charge as much as you want tbh, £30 or more, I mean look at these guys

ReputationRep:
    Thanks folks, I'll say £20 first and then maybe go for £35 for 2 hours, that'd cover my driving lessons I don't think they'll be able to afford to shell out more.

ReputationRep:
    I charge £5 per lunch time but fair considering there my friends. Would charge £20 approximately though for tutoring anyone, set it as that and see your level of demand then adjust if need be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Thanks folks, I'll say £20 first and then maybe go for £35 for 2 hours, that'd cover my driving lessons I don't think they'll be able to afford to shell out more.
    These guys are also from qm doing tutoring

http://www.supertutorbros.info/#!testimonials/c1ned
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I was going to suggest looking around in your area to see what others charge.

ReputationRep:
    I had lessons from a Maths tutor at GCSE, he charged £25 an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're not a qualified teacher then £5-10 an hour depending on what qualifications you do have. If you are a qualified teacher then £20-25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Hi there

Thanks
    £25 is the going rate for a qualified teacher with experience, add £5 per hour if you have related Oxbridge qualification, £5 if you have excellent references and £15-20 if you have a proven track record. You probably could add around 20-30% more if you are planning to tutor in a high income area or in an area.

£15

ReputationRep:
    £15 to £20 an hour and maybe something like £30 for 2 hours, as an incentive.

I'm sure many tutors are expected to be teachers so a very competitive price should attract people.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, currently I've only said yes to an A level student and had to say no to the rest of the people who have asked me as I already work two part time jobs. I gave him a free 2 hour trial. Charging 35 for 2 hours, but I prefer not going to other people's homes. So we meet at my Uni, home or a local library.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Hi there

Thanks
    I charged £20/hr for GCSE and A-level chemistry so that would probably make a good starting point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natninja)
    I charged £20/hr for GCSE and A-level chemistry so that would probably make a good starting point
    how much would you charge a child in year 3 and 6?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Khodu)
    how much would you charge a child in year 3 and 6?
    Isn't that like ten year olds??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natninja)
    Isn't that like ten year olds??
    I was also asked for a child in year 6 (same year as my sister) so I thought it would be good if I helped them study together for SATs

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.