Turn on thread page Beta

Marks and Spencer Tax Question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm currently working for Marks and Spencer. I've been with them for around 2 months (after this week it'll be my 3rd) which means I'll no longer be on my probation period and hopefully be perminent and qualified.

Anyway, I'm currently on £6.75/hour and working 37 hours a week but I am getting charged emergency tax. I've sent off a P46 form but haven't heard anything back, does anyone know a way of speeding up this process?

And also does anyone know the number for the tax office that handles Marks and Spencer's taxing etc?

I'm currently owed £275.00 :mad:

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    M&S don't have their own specific tax office - you need to get in contact with your own local tax office (fairly certain you can find them somewhere on the hmrc website) - give them a call with your NI number and employee number/reference and see if they can give you an update .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by l2obot)
    Hi there, I'm currently working for Marks and Spencer. I've been with them for around 2 months (after this week it'll be my 3rd) which means I'll no longer be on my probation period and hopefully be perminent and qualified.

Anyway, I'm currently on £6.75/hour and working 37 hours a week but I am getting charged emergency tax. I've sent off a P46 form but haven't heard anything back, does anyone know a way of speeding up this process?

And also does anyone know the number for the tax office that handles Marks and Spencer's taxing etc?

I'm currently owed £275.00 :mad:

Cheers
    Your best bet is to tall the tax office- you should be able to find the number on the internet- a quick google search should do the trick. They should be able to tell you whats happening and how things are progressing. Its normal to get emergency taxed at the beginning, until they work out what tax code you should have, how much you should get taxed etc

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.