had a fake profile....its killing me Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi (sorry TSR wont let me press enter for a new line ) Anyway, I honestly don't know why I'm writing this. So going back 3 years I made a fake profile online...just for a laugh. Till I got caught up in all the lies and had been talking to a guy everyday...and ended up falling for him. However, I never told him this and we were just 'friends'. Anyway, few months in..I gave up, I couldn't hold it in and told him the truth. He was shocked but still wanted to stay in touch, and we still remain friends now. However, I still love him a lot even though I know I cant ever be with him I know he really loves another girl, he has pictures/statuses, everything about her; and it kills me inside I keep trying to cut all contact and forget he ever existed but I just cant do it. I'll block him then give up and unblock him at the end of the day lol Even though we've been in touch a lot, we haven't met up, he really wants to but I avoid it. I have anxiety issues (which he doesn't know about)....whenever I go to public places, I just want to run back home . I feel awful. I don't know...any advice?
GeogBerry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's never the same when you talk to someone over the internet as it is in real life. I'm sure if you pluck up the courage to meet him, you'll realise the 'perfect' online image he portrays is no where as great in real life- it might actually help you to move on

Posted from TSR Mobile
chikane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GeogBerry)
It's never the same when you talk to someone over the internet as it is in real life. I'm sure if you pluck up the courage to meet him, you'll realise the 'perfect' online image he portrays is no where as great in real life- it might actually help you to move on

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is true, meet up with him op as i can talk to tonnes of people online and start to like them but only because i have this image of what they are like in my mind but when i met them i realise i don't like them as there wasnt any chemistry and just felt akward and found it best to stay friends.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GeogBerry)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by chikane)
This is true, meet up with him op as i can talk to tonnes of people online and start to like them but only because i have this image of what they are like in my mind but when i met them i realise i don't like them as there wasnt any chemistry and just felt akward and found it best to stay friends.
I guess so. But I have considered meeting up but the fact that I get sooo nervous in public places puts me off. Especially as he previously made a joke about someone he knows whos socially
awkward, so I honestly dont want to be laugh at
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
No, no, no. Do not meet up with people online. I'm not going to give you the whole 'creepy people you don't know lecture', you're probably too old for that. What I am saying is that people are never the same in real life as they are online. All it will be is a bitter disappointment.

Everyone makes silly mistakes - the fake online thing was one of them, and no offence but it was a pretty childish thing to do. Three years later, don't let it run your life - in the nicest way possible, what you had was not real. However nice he is being about it, the guy probably feels the same. The person he fell for was made up. It's like a whole new person coming out from behind a mask.

Block him, and block him for good. I don't know what site you met him on, but delete your membership to that if at all possible. Stick to the real world. You can't move on in life if you're still looking backwards.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
No, no, no. Do not meet up with people online. I'm not going to give you the whole 'creepy people you don't know lecture', you're probably too old for that. What I am saying is that people are never the same in real life as they are online. All it will be is a bitter disappointment.

Everyone makes silly mistakes - the fake online thing was one of them, and no offence but it was a pretty childish thing to do. Three years later, don't let it run your life - in the nicest way possible, what you had was not real. However nice he is being about it, the guy probably feels the same. The person he fell for was made up. It's like a whole new person coming out from behind a mask.

Block him, and block him for good. I don't know what site you met him on, but delete your membership to that if at all possible. Stick to the real world. You can't move on in life if you're still looking backwards.
I know it was childish but like I said it was just for a laugh, I never knew I'd get so caught up in it. What do you mean 'he fell for'? :confused: we were only 'friends'...Also, we talk on the phone since, not on the site...which just makes everything a whole lot worse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (200)
22.57%
The paper was reasonable (402)
45.37%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.43%

Watched Threads