Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know I seem to post this every other month but I can't help it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25040741

Bloody hell, how exactly are these people going to be "reformed" in prison? Do they deserve to be helped? ****ing hell I am so pissed off...these people need to hang damn it, they NEED to hang.

Just to reiterate what I have posted before:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably the most prominent argument pretty much always thrown into a discussion about the death penalty by those who oppose it is that ending a life is barbaric; that it has no place in a civilized society. Well, I say *******s to that. Letting scum who has ended another person's life for no reason, forced sexual intercourse with another person, or trafficked another human being as if they were property live is what is barbaric. I honestly cannot even comprehend how people who are against it justify their belief

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Anti death penalty brigade, come at me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, this is yet another death penalty thread, in fact a second one from me [http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?t=2393853]

What I say in that thread pretty much sums up how I feel...

Now just look at this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-corneas.html

How, how on Earth can you justify letting these animals live? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No.

It's more expensive anyway. If you say we shouldn't have any appeals then you're being ridiculous. What would hanging these people do apart from satisfy your desire for revenge?

Hang? Give em bullets in the head. And make them pay for the bullets.

Take these vile scum of the earth.

ReputationRep:
    Might as well, to be honest. British jails are absolutely useless at reforming prisoners, so they badly need to change what they're doing now because it's just not working. Until then, no harm in killing off a few people who will produce anything worthwhile toward society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenonsteroids)
    No.

It's more expensive anyway. If you say we shouldn't have any appeals then you're being ridiculous. What would hanging these people do apart from satisfy your desire for revenge?
    Keep people like that off the streets. Guarantee they won't hurt anyone else again. What does keeping them in prison for life do that the death penalty doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    No, the state already has powers which it abuses. I have no reason to hand it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackal The)
    Keep people like that off the streets. Guarantee they won't hurt anyone else again. What does keeping them in prison for life do that the death penalty doesn't?
    Prevent the justice system from becoming based on revenge rather than rehabilitation.
    Reduces costs.
    Makes sure that innocent people aren't mistakenly executed.

Those things.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. There are some people in this world that deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered or guilotined or go on the electric chair. They're just wasting time and money feeding those soul sucking few who make the world look like it's been **** out of hell. It would also be quite entertaining watching it too; the bad guys being brought to justice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reapingunicorn32)
    I agree. There are some people in this world that deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered or guilotined or go on the electric chair. They're just wasting time and money feeding those soul sucking few who make the world look like it's been **** out of hell. It would also be quite entertaining watching it too; the bad guys being brought to justice
    Do you want gladiator arenas to be brought back too? You seem to have a lust for watching things die :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reapingunicorn32)
    What you or the OP think is barbaric is irrelevant.

There are two main parts to the criminal justice system.

1) The protection of the public
    2) Rehabilitation of the offender if possible and assuming it does not impinge upon the first condition.

ReputationRep:
    Do you want gladiator arenas to be brought back too? You seem to have a lust for watching things die :erm:
    Haha. Just bad, dark things. Things (not people, they're too low to be named that) that need to be put down so they don't waste another breath.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Well, even if it was cheaper , I am not sure it would be an argument.

That would mean executing people on long term Roberry charges would make sense.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Well, even if it was cheaper , I am not sure it would be an argument.

That would mean executing people on long term Roberry charges would make sense.
    I disagree with it on more than the expense point.

ReputationRep:
    Killing is wrong.

The government should never ever have the power to kill it's citizens. It is an evil precedent.

Innocent accused would be executed from time to time.

The legal process is massively extended; no closure for victims families doe decades in some cases.

A very rich man that can afford the best lawyer in the land has a much greater advantage over the average man on the street.

The death penalty is no more a deterrent than life in prison; or so the stats suggest.

There are many reasons that capital punishment is a ridiculous proposition.

Or shall we follow the lead of Uganda, Botswana, Iran or the good old United States, where owning a firearm is legal. I mean give me a break.

No.

It always strikes me as bizarre that things like this boil down to money for most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    It always strikes me as bizarre that things like this boil down to money for most people.
    Well it's also a point that should be considered. Yes, it is a moral issue for many but a frequent argument made for the death penalty is that we're using up resources that could be better used for others. But that's not true.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's also a point that should be considered. Yes, it is a moral issue for many but a frequent argument made for the death penalty is that we're using up resources that could be better used for others. But that's not true.
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    I 100% agree with bringing back the death penalty as over 50% of convicts re offend when they leave prison so what's the point. I hate the "two wrongs don't make a right" statement because it really does not apply anymore because of the world we live in. If you commit a crime, you should know the consequences, plus I would rather die than sit in a jail room for the rest of my life, I guess we're doing them a favour.

ReputationRep:
    No thanks Jeff.

ReputationRep:
    this is one of those beliefs that if my friend said he/she held, they would no longer be my friend.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.