Being bullied by a flatmate? Watch

green-turtle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Right, things are pretty bad, and I want to know your opinion on what to do.
There's this flatmate…(I won't divulge on the gender- for fear of them finding me) but their behaviour towards me has really gotten me down.

At first we were great friends, we all had a laugh, but this flatmate slowly started picking on everyone one by one, they'd comment to me about how they had to get all the other flatmates out. All of a sudden, This flatmate has turned on me the past week for no reason at all- intact i'd actually gone home for the weekend came and came back to all of this...

it started with glaring at me, calling me names, but now it's escalated to them banging on my door in the middle of the night. This flatmate and the friend will walk past my door and spit on it each time. They both call me vile names, and have made remarks on their facebooks about how they would come after me if it wasn't for security. I'm honestly scared for my safety, as both flatmate and friend are very aggressive. I haven't properly left my room in three days, only to use the toilet/shower. They dominate the kitchen, so eating has been difficult..

Ive reported it, but the guy who's dealing with it, is…ineffective. He actually told one of my flatmates today that the awful flatmate has reported me for harassing them! (I already knew this as I heard this flatmate and the friend were laughing about how funny it was and how I need to get kicked out)

It wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't for the fact that I have a medical condition, which is really aggravated by stress and this is making me very poorly. Ive had doctors notes explaining that this is causing me to be ill- but it seems this guy is processing this flatmates complaint faster than mine, even though I submitted it about a week ago…(the flatmate did it yesterday) Im at my wits end. I don't know what to do I hate feeling like this..
Jo from AVA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
Thanks for your message. I am really sorry to hear about what you are going through, it sounds really tough and upsetting. The only issue is that this forum is about domestic violence and sexual abuse in intimate relationships so I am not sure it is the right place to answer your question. But, the student room is the right place to be! I think that this forum is the best place to ask this question:

Friends, Family & Work You can use the anonymous posting function in this forum too.

Sorry not to be more help.
take care
Jo
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If the flatmate is picking on you and everyone else, make a complaint together. And speak to the uni accommodation office and see if they can do anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads