Have DM readers had half their brains removed? Watch

TheGuy117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Firstly I would like to say that I don't care what your opinions are, however extreme - as long as they are consistent. I have a friend who thinks religion is a joke and will mock me about it from time to time, but he's consistent so it doesn't bother me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

Whenever a so called Muslim commits an act of terror and actual Muslims say "well, he wasn't actually a Muslim then was he.", people always argue that's a stupid argument and say the terrorist was in fact Muslim.

Yet when a Briton commits an act of terror, he is suddenly not a Briton. :rolleyes:

People wonder why I'm so cynical about the general public's intelligence, what a joke.

Edit: Yes, maybe "at birth" was a bit too much.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheGuy117)
Firstly I would like to say that I don't care what your opinions are, however extreme - as long as they are consistent. I have a friend who thinks religion is a joke and will mock me about it from time to time, but he's consistent so it doesn't bother me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

Whenever a so called Muslim commits an act of terror and actual Muslims say "well, he wasn't actually a Muslim then was he.", people always argue that's a stupid argument and say the terrorist was in fact Muslim.

Yet when a Briton commits an act of terror, he is suddenly not a Briton. :rolleyes:

People wonder why I'm so cynical about the general public's intelligence, what a joke.
I'm fairly sure the BMJ would have jumped on this phenomena if it were true. They're just (broadly speaking) ignorant.
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Half? That's being optimistic.
Pastaferian
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheGuy117)
Do DM readers have half their brains removed at birth?
It just seems that way - it's probably hereditary.

It's called the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy.

Incidentally, when Andy Murray kept losing important matches, he was a Scottish tennis player. When he won the Olympics and Wimbledon, he suddenly became British. Don't underestimate the public's ability to pick and choose on these matters.
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I read the daily mail website and I am quite certain half of my brain was not removed at birth.
techno-thriller
Report 5 years ago
You're being too generous on them mate.
Unruly Marmite
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do DM readers have half their brains removed at birth?
I beg your pardon? I find that mildly offensive. I might not agree with a lot of what the Daily Mail says, but I don't understand why the general opinion on TSR is that most readers of the Daily Mail are slack jawed, credulous fools. I admit, most of the commenters give the readers a bad name, but that doesn't mean that the articles are all lies designed to appeal to the small-minded.
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Daily Mail readers might be crass and ignorant, but tbh I find the smug, self-righteous hypocrisy of the Guardian readership more irritating.
Octopus_Garden
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, not at birth. What actually happens is that consistent daily exposure to the Daily Mail over a sustained period (over a year or more) slowly rots brain tissue. The unlucky reader slowly loses higher brain functions, such as the ability to critically assess the likelihood that one "Health" article has made them better-informed on the benefits and drawbacks of a surgical procedure than their surgeon.
Clip
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will find far worse on TSR, yet most of the people here think they're rocket scientists.
UniMastermindBOSS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How come every time I go on TSR there's so many new threads about muslims :confused:
TheGuy117
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Unruly Marmite)
I beg your pardon? I find that mildly offensive. I might not agree with a lot of what the Daily Mail says, but I don't understand why the general opinion on TSR is that most readers of the Daily Mail are slack jawed, credulous fools. I admit, most of the commenters give the readers a bad name, but that doesn't mean that the articles are all lies designed to appeal to the small-minded.
Welcome to the internet. The rest of what you said, I just outright disagree with.
Pastaferian
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
I read the daily mail website and I am quite certain half of my brain was not removed at birth.
Check the other half
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
You will find far worse on TSR, yet most of the people here think they're rocket scientists.
You must be new here.
Welcome to the internet.
username1149337
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just saying that cognitive function isn't necessarily affected by removing half a brain
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not going to lie, I sometimes make absurd comments on the comment section just to see how many green thumbs up I can get. It's quite funny and depressing at the same time.

(Original post by geetar)
Daily Mail readers might be crass and ignorant, but tbh I find the smug, self-righteous hypocrisy of the Guardian readership more irritating.
They're (the papers and readers) just as bad as each other these days; just at opposite ends of the scale. Same goes for some people here.

That said and on a similar note, I do rate the Guardian as the only outlet who has the balls to publish anything regarding Snowden since every other media outlet seems to have gone quiet or report the absolute minimum they can.
Extremotroph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
I'm fairly sure the BMJ would have jumped on this phenomena if it were true. They're just (broadly speaking) ignorant.
ha lol.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
Same. Although some of it is missing.
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just the good half.
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
I am a scientist.
(Original post by Octopus_Garden)
No, not at birth. What actually happens is that consistent daily exposure to the Daily Mail over a sustained period (over a year or more) slowly rots brain tissue. The unlucky reader slowly loses higher brain functions, such as the ability to critically assess the likelihood that one "Health" article has made them better-informed on the benefits and drawbacks of a surgical procedure than their surgeon.
haha. The average Daily Mail reader is an idiot to start with, but after years of reading Daily Mail, their mental condition deteriorates.

(Original post by Unruly Marmite)
It is the truth. No one in their right mind would refer to Daily Mail, let alone read it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads