Fine Arts or Illustration? Watch

Poll: Fine Arts / Illustration - what do you think?
BA Honours Fine Arts (0)
0%
BA Honours Illustration (0)
0%
guernseyviking
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there, I'm having serious doubts and issues with which course I want to choose between fine arts and illustrations (BA)

I've recently had an interview from one university, who came in as the school I'm currently at invited them. The woman there offered me a place on the Graphic Design course, with illustration as a second choice, even though I feel as though fine arts would be more appropriate to me.

I love both illustration and fine arts and combining the two is something I enjoy immensely, along with the inclusion of mixed media. However I'm becoming increasingly concerened that because this uni did not offer me a fine arts placement that I should not continue with it in my other four UCAS choices, and even though I prefer fine arts, in my personal investigation it is clear that illustration is more obvious.

To me, fine arts is my passion, illustration is my career, I'm totally confused as to what to choose, could anyone help. (Also I enjoy the addition of textiles with my work. Could this be included in any of the two subject areas??):mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise