How to not relax as much? Watch

username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a problem where I relax to much, my parents think I'm just lazy which I admittedly I sometimes am but it just feels much better compared to doing work even though it's part of life. I don't really enjoy housework for example but still do it as I feel guilty if I didn't, my parents have to push me sometimes however. When I've worked before I've preferred to talk to the staff then do the actual task in hand which I've just found pretty boring but know it has to be done. How can I enjoy certain tasks more & stop relaxing as much, thanks?
username1084946
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Multitalented me)
I have a problem where I relax to much, my parents think I'm just lazy which I admittedly I sometimes am but it just feels much better compared to doing work even though it's part of life. I don't really enjoy housework for example but still do it as I feel guilty if I didn't, my parents have to push me sometimes however. When I've worked before I've preferred to talk to the staff then do the actual task in hand which I've just found pretty boring but know it has to be done. How can I enjoy certain tasks more & stop relaxing as much, thanks?
Get motivated!
At the end of each day, think back and ask yourself, have I "got a lot of things done" or "done a lot of things"?
In other words, if you got a lot of things done then you have'nt procrastinated, you've put first things first and dealt with the matters at hand and you've quite literally done what needs to be done.
Or, you've just done a lot of relaxation which is not a bad thing but can prevent you from developing personally and can put strain on your relationships because then people can accuse you of being lazy.

Think of it is a number line. Are you staying in your comfort zone so moving back (-1) or just getting over it and finishing what you started and gaining something out of it (+1)?
Make laborious tasks fun by making a game out of them! All life is a game, be a winner! But do not have regrets now that you have made the mistakes of spending too much time doing little. They are just mis-takes, you can do it again.

Hope this helps, if not let me know!
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kk_15)
Get motivated!
At the end of each day, think back and ask yourself, have I "got a lot of things done" or "done a lot of things"?
In other words, if you got a lot of things done then you have'nt procrastinated, you've put first things first and dealt with the matters at hand and you've quite literally done what needs to be done.
Or, you've just done a lot of relaxation which is not a bad thing but can prevent you from developing personally and can put strain on your relationships because then people can accuse you of being lazy.

Think of it is a number line. Are you staying in your comfort zone so moving back (-1) or just getting over it and finishing what you started and gaining something out of it (+1)?
Make laborious tasks fun by making a game out of them! All life is a game, be a winner! But do not have regrets now that you have made the mistakes of spending too much time doing little. They are just mis-takes, you can do it again.

A wonderfully un-Larry Davidesque response
username1084946
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jjj90)
A wonderfully un-Larry Davidesque response
Ha. Curb' is my favorite show!
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by kk_15)
Get motivated!

Ok cheers, I'll try to take some of your tips
techno-thriller
Report 5 years ago
think about how flies will inhibit your house if it is not cleaned..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
31.03%
The paper was reasonable (398)
40.37%
Not feeling great about that exam... (159)
16.13%
It was TERRIBLE (123)
12.47%

Watched Threads