Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I certainly flippin' well am!

The Christmas decorations are up already in the centre of Brighton and the temporary skating ring at the front of the Royal Pavilion is already open. The endless Christmas advertising on the telly is annoying. It's still over a month to Christmas! I fruckling hate it all! Am I the only one? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest mate, these days Christmas begins in August.
    Used to be sick of it, still am a bit, but you learn to ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it that people play it up months before it. They should wait for Halloween to be over to start putting the decorations up. That would be less sickening.

Joke's on them because I only get into the Christmas feeling after the 1st of December anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I love Christmas. I love it, I love it, I love it.

ReputationRep:
    I've just gotten in the Christmassy mood seeing as my plane tickets have just been booked for my Christmas holidays Although I might wait a little bit longer before listening to Christmas music :party:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Aw no, I love Christmas so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What? It's the only thing keeping me sane this winter. Imagine winter without Christmas? A dark, depressing hellhole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't be such a Grumpy Gus

ReputationRep:
    I work in retail and it's been Christmas in the shop since mid-October, and the seasonal music is just starting to work its way into the playlist - if anything, I'll probably end up feeling out of sorts when it all goes, considering how much I've been getting used to it

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why people get so upset about it, it doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    No?! The Christmas lights are beautiful, makes walking round town in the evening slightly less dull.

ReputationRep:
    Christmas! Christmas! Christmas! :woo: :woo:

:party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    I don't see why people get so upset about it, it doesn't bother me.
    It's because they don't have anyone to share Christmas with. Ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not really, TV and food is great at Xmas

ReputationRep:
    Hater.

I don't see much Christmassy stuff atm....or even much advertising..

ReputationRep:
    I miss all the fuss over Christmas :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Come on, end of November is the Christmas period

theres no decoration here yet

ReputationRep:
    No I love Christmas

ReputationRep:
    When I was a child, I was in a youth band, and "after October half term" was when Christmas sort of started, because we had to practice music for the concerts we had in December. In primary school it probably started around the same time, rehearsing for the Nativity etc. But that's different to the way it feels now - insanely commercial.

Since growing up, I've discovered the stress of Christmas that children don't seem to have. Buying and wrapping presents, deciding who's going where (and leaving plenty of time for the relevant in-laws to get over their hissy fit that occurred because of the fact that they didn't win the "who's house shall we go to this year" popularity contest), panic buying everything because the supermarket won't be open for a whole 24 hours.. etc.

So now, I do my shopping VERY early. Think: October. Then I wrap it up early, I finished that yesterday. Sometime this week I'll write my cards, address and stamp them. Then they'll be posted in a couple of weeks.

After I've written the cards, I can forget about it. I have nothing more to do, and I can be a kid again. Perhaps helping Mum wrap the gifts for the grandparents, watching Christmas TV and films without having to stress out about rushing out to buy something. I can concentrate on seeing friends and family without having hours and hours of wrapping hanging over me.

So yeah, I start early, but doing all this stuff isn't really "Christmas" in my opinion. It's the boring bit that has to happen before you can enjoy Christmas, and now that it's done I can look forward to buying and decorating the tree etc, so all good!

Incidentally, when I'm shopping for gifts in October, I HATE it when the lights are already up.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.