Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
- Biology
-English Lang
-Chemistry
-Psychology

This might seem like a daft question however I'm really good at all of these courses and will be taking them in sixth form however I'm exactly sure what I want to do, I'm thinking about doing Psychology when going to uni but I'm not quit sure. What other degree choices will I have with these A-levels?
Many Thanks
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have quite a lot of choices to choose from to be honest considering your options are varied. I think my advice to you right now would be to not worry about degrees at all until you finish your AS exams. A lot of things change, and A levels are a learning curve. I remember entering sixth form thinking that I could manage pretty well in my subjects, but then I realised the amount of depth you have to understand the subject.

Degree-wise, I would honestly advise you to pick a subject you enjoy the most once you get to that stage of thinking about your options for higher education. If you can't decide what you enjoy, then just try eliminating one subject at a time until you have two to choose from. From there, visit different open days and see the kind of courses you see yourself doing.

The future isn't set in stone, so even if you pick a certain degree that you want to do right now, it may all change by the time you get your results for your AS exams.

But to answer your question, the degree choices you have include each of the four subjects above itself, you can do joint honour degrees which are when you can combine two subjects like English and Psychology for example. You may even decide to do something different such as Creative Writing with an English Lang A level. The combinations are endless, and you have many routes to choose from.

Good luck and take care.
blitterflicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by nguyenj)
You have quite a lot of choices to choose from to be honest considering your options are varied. I think my advice to you right now would be to not worry about degrees at all until you finish your AS exams. A lot of things change, and A levels are a learning curve. I remember entering sixth form thinking that I could manage pretty well in my subjects, but then I realised the amount of depth you have to understand the subject.

Degree-wise, I would honestly advise you to pick a subject you enjoy the most once you get to that stage of thinking about your options for higher education. If you can't decide what you enjoy, then just try eliminating one subject at a time until you have two to choose from. From there, visit different open days and see the kind of courses you see yourself doing.

The future isn't set in stone, so even if you pick a certain degree that you want to do right now, it may all change by the time you get your results for your AS exams.

But to answer your question, the degree choices you have include each of the four subjects above itself, you can do joint honour degrees which are when you can combine two subjects like English and Psychology for example. You may even decide to do something different such as Creative Writing with an English Lang A level. The combinations are endless, and you have many routes to choose from.

Good luck and take care.

This was so useful. Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (52)
14.33%
The paper was reasonable (182)
50.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
24.24%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
11.29%

Watched Threads