Do Uni Halls come with washer and dryer? Watch

PC2852
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
If so, is it per flat or do they have a laundry room for the entire building? How much do they cost to use? or are some free?
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PC2852)
If so, is it per flat or do they have a laundry room for the entire building? How much do they cost to use? or are some free?
I don't think it's common to have washer/dryer in your flat or even in the building think most campuses have a laundrette, coin operated machines
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It varies between unis. I imagine some may even have a washing machine in each kitchen. Others have them someone in the halls in a completely communal area. Halls at my uni have this and it's £2 a wash & dry. Or some just have them in a random building somewhere on campus. And others probably don't have any, or very few at all meaning you have to go to the laundrette.
DoctorInTraining
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ours was in a separate room for my halls.
2 washing machines and 1 dryer for about 150 students - we had to reserve times on a list next to the machine!

Washing - £3.20 per cycle (about 45 mins)
Drying - 20p for 10 mins
und3niable_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We have a laundrette in my village and then three other laundrettes on campus. However, the city accommodation is flats with washing machines in them which you rent out monthly.
blubimnotafish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm at Newcastle and we have a washing room for two accommodation groups together (if you get what I mean...). Washers are £2,50 and dryers are £1,-
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At my uni, there was a launderette in every halls. It was £2.50 for a wash, and £1 for a tumble dry, though the drums were substantially bigger than you get in a domestic machine, so you could do more at once.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PC2852)
At my uni we had 2 launderettes on campus and one in the uni village. It was £2.20 for wash and 50p per 10mins in the Tumble Dryer. Those in city centre halls had to rent out machines though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (1)
11.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
11.11%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
44.44%

Watched Threads