connecting to xbox live by ethernet cable? Watch

jjones112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Is there a way to connect to Xbox live on 360 using the Ethernet cable. I've been trying to connect but I don't know how to :/ could anyone give me a step-by-step please
bad_moose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jjones112)
Is there a way to connect to Xbox live on 360 using the Ethernet cable. I've been trying to connect but I don't know how to :/ could anyone give me a step-by-step please

Yeah, you can just plug it into the wall like you would with a wireless router. That's what I used to do with mine when the xbox was in a room with the right socket.

I'm guessing you mean that, or do you mean plugging it into your laptop and then using the laptop as a wireless adapter? If so, look it up on YouTube. There are tonnes of tutorials and they're really easy to follow.
jjones112
Rep:
?
Yeah I've been plugging into the wall. But my Xbox just doesn't seem to connect - is it different depending on what hall you are in? Or did you have to sign in some user names or anything like that?
bad_moose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I've been plugging into the wall. But my Xbox just doesn't seem to connect - is it different depending on what hall you are in? Or did you have to sign in some user names or anything like that?
Ohh ****, sorry I didn't realise this was in the Brunel section, I just clicked it under latest discussions. I'm not at Brunel so I haven't got any info specific to there.

There might be restrictions on the kind of stuff you can use the sockets for. Does your laptop connect when you plug it in? (turn off the wireless first)

Might be worth plugging it in and just fiddling about with connection settings on the xbox. I had to change mine about a bit when I went from a wired connection to a wireless adapter.

Get in touch with whoever maintains your halls, they should be able to shed a bit more light on why it won't let you on.
jjones112
Rep:
?
Lol no worries. Thanks anyway though, I'll reckon I'll have a fiddle around then ask computer support tomorrow
TheGrinningSkull
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol no worries. Thanks anyway though, I'll reckon I'll have a fiddle around then ask computer support tomorrow
I'd recommend checking the gaming society if you have one at your uni, as they usually can help sort you out with bypassing whatever problem it is, or "verifying" your console. Something along those lines.
umarsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You have to register your console's mac address with Brunel connect before plugging directly into the wall or connecting to the Wi-fi.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.88%
The paper was reasonable (491)
39.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (217)
17.36%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.48%

Watched Threads