Broke up with gf, she kissed another guy? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I broke up with my girlfriend one night in the middle of an argument. She phoned and skyped me about 20 times that night and text me to pick up/talk but I rejected her calls, told her I didn't want to talk to her and turned off my phone. The next day I told her I ****ed up and that I did want this relationship. She went out that night and a guy kissed her and she kissed back. She came to visit me the day after (we're in an LDR so it was a 4 hour journey) and told me immediately. I called her the morning that she was coming (morning after it happened) and she didn't tell me about it on the phone, she later said she wanted to tell me in real life because it was more respectful and she could explain it properly. She said she did it because she was upset/emotional about me breaking up with her as the guy said her boyfriend was lucky to have her and would never have done it otherwise.
Was what she did really wrong/awful? Would you forgive her?
Daniellejo.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Was what she did really wrong/awful?
No. You broke up with her.
Conzy210
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can see why this upsets you, yes she kissed someone else but look she was upset, you'd ended it and she had no idea if you'd ever want her back so wasn't thinking about what implications this might have if you got back together.

Ultimately though you ended it, she was single, and if you want to still be with her you need to get over this.
username91207
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Conzy210)
I can see why this upsets you, yes she kissed someone else but look she was upset, you'd ended it and she had no idea if you'd ever want her back so wasn't thinking about what implications this might have if you got back together.

Ultimately though you ended it, she was single, and if you want to still be with her you need to get over this.
....this, basically.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Reminds me of a less dramatic version of the Ross and Rachel thing, and I always thought Rachel was a bit hard on Ross :lol:

But seriously, you did break up with her, and although it must be hard for you to hear, it's out of your hands. Though it does sound like she genuinely feels guilty about it, and the fact she told you shows she respects you. She definitely didn't do the right thing, but it could be a lot worse and you aren't together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
aiko777
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
no what she did was not wrong imo you broke up with her therefore she was free to do whatever she wanted to do ultimately if you really love call her and say that you wanna give it another go and if she truly regrets what shes done then maybe she ll consider giving it another go
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
P
I broke up with my girlfriend one night in the middle of an argument. She phoned and skyped me about 20 times that night and text me to pick up/talk but I rejected her calls, told her I didn't want to talk to her and turned off my phone. The next day I told her I ****ed up and that I did want this relationship. She went out that night and a guy kissed her and she kissed back. She came to visit me the day after (we're in an LDR so it was a 4 hour journey) and told me immediately. I called her the morning that she was coming (morning after it happened) and she didn't tell me about it on the phone, she later said she wanted to tell me in real life because it was more respectful and she could explain it properly. She said she did it because she was upset/emotional about me breaking up with her as the guy said her boyfriend was lucky to have her and would never have done it otherwise.
I don't think she did anything wrong. You dumped her, she was single. It's like the classic Friends break thing, as far as I'm concerned you call a break, the person is single and as free as anyone.
lipslikemorphine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She didn't hide and you too weren't on a break.
You broke up so she didn't do anything wrong.

You broke up with her so she did something stupid. It happens.
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nothing wrong with it and I would
Caedus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's nothing to forgive. Grow up and either get back with her, or move on.
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you got off lightly here. She kissed a guy. Once. That's hardly the stuff of high scandal. Given how much worse it could have been, calling her awful for kissing someone else after you broke up with her, then ignored her calls, is excessive.

I'd say forget about it. It was just a kiss.
lizlaz350
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You split up with her, she tried everything she could to talk to you about it and try and sort it out and you didn't answer. That's not her fault, as far as she knew, she was single and you weren't going to want to get back with her.

She's not doing anything wrong, she didn't even sleep with him, it was just a kiss when she was single.
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I broke up with my girlfriend one night in the middle of an argument. She phoned and skyped me about 20 times that night and text me to pick up/talk but I rejected her calls, told her I didn't want to talk to her and turned off my phone.
In your position is feel upset that she'd kissed someone else so quickly. But if youd broken up with her and ignored her all evening what was she supposed to think? It's obvious she didn't want to break up. But she didn't do anything wrong or even try to hide it. If you do want to be with her then you shouldn't let something like this stop you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The reason you're so upset is that you wanted her to be all heart broken and mopey that you'd dumped her, and not go out and find some other guy.

It's completely selfish, human and I'd probably feel the same way. Can't blame her for it, though.
K123Soph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you have no right to be angry with her you dumped her. Every single woman is entitled to do what she wants. The only reason your upset about it is because it wasn't you. MAN UP and deal with your problem instead of dumping a girl then slut shaming her for being on the rebound. JEEZ!
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am afraid you dumped her, she is free to do what she likes, you can't really mess people around like that
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It may have upset you, but to be frankly honest, she's done it when her status was 'single'.
Tjaaayy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I understand because me and my girlfriend have been together on and off for 3 years. We had one massive break up because I broke up with her as I though she didn't want me, I ended up going to someone else. We was apart for about 2 months. I found out that she had kissed this boy and it hurt me like mad I didn't actually think she would do that as she I'm her first. We are now back together and I can't help but think that she still thinks about him after that kiss. He drives past her mum's everyday and sometimes bibs up. Iv seen 2 pics of them together and it just bring everything back to when she told me that they kissed. I understand it was my fault because I left her but it hurt. I mean what else could she have done, she though we was done for good and I know I must have hurt her worse because I left her for someone else. You just need to think that she's with you and she made that one mistake forgive and forget it will be hard to forget but just try to because if you love her and she love's u then it's worth it.
PillsIV
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!!"

Difference here though is that you ended it with her. So she didn't do anything wrong. She was single, and she kissed someone. Whats wrong with that?
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really. It was only a kiss, seriously. And she tried to call you and text you several times and then told you as soon as she saw you. She's hardly a monster is she? Plus, you had broke up with her. She's not the first person to go out after a break up, rebound, and regret it. Plus she didn't even sleep with him.

EDIT: I've just noticed that this is from 2013, and I've even already replied to it then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
32.85%
The paper was reasonable (306)
48.8%
Not feeling great about that exam... (71)
11.32%
It was TERRIBLE (44)
7.02%

Watched Threads