The lovely Michael Gove! Watch

ProDowd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
As you know Michael Gove thinks he knows best with GCSEs. I personally do no think he should be the education secretary for England. I think this because he used to be a journalist and has no idea what it is like to be in a public school.

whats your opinion on him?
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't like Michael Gove
Because he looks like a dove
I just used eye rhyme
because Gove is better off as a mime
I'm gonna put on my gloves
so when push comes to shove
I can punch him in the face
with the force of a mace
Then he'll be able to see
He has stupid plans for GCSEs
I used to get straight Bs
But now I'll be getting 8s
And that doesn't sound too great
But back to mr gove
I'm gonna throw your ideas in the stove
Bake a pie then you won't be able to deny
That it's a really ****ty pie

SO MANY BARS

#FIRE
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ProDowd)
As you know Michael Gove thinks he knows best with GCSEs. I personally do no think he should be the education secretary for England. I think this because he used to be a journalist and has no idea what it is like to be in a public school.

I think he would disapprove of your spelling and grammar.

By 'public school' do you mean state school or do you actually mean public school ie private?

I think what he is doing is much watered down from his original proposals.
tory88
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with what Gove sets out to do - make exams tougher, more rigorous and involving more challenges - but disagree with most of his implementations.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Quady)

By 'public school' do you mean state school or do you actually mean public school ie private?.
it hardly matters since wrong either way - Gove spent half his school life in the state sector and half in the private, though I think not at a 'public school' as properly understood.
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As a politician I quite like him. He explains what he's doing and doesn't shrug off criticisms. I would prefer a more evidence led approach to education policy, however.
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm supportive of him and his reforms, let's not kid anyone UK NEEDS reforms in the way it goes about educating it's young. There could be better transparency about it though.
Moosferatu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tory88)
I agree with what Gove sets out to do - make exams tougher, more rigorous and involving more challenges - but disagree with most of his implementations.
This. Great ideas but the way he's going about is ill-thought out and just generally ****ed.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I agree. Only someone who has been at public school from the age of 4 should be considered for Cabinet.

I'm personally leaning toward a Latymer-Harrow-Oxford combo for men, or a Francis Holland-Cheltenham-Cambridge combo for women.
BlossomS
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Glad to see that 'lovely' was sarcasm...
I agree with the fact that he wants to make the exams a lot more difficult, because, let's face it - students from other parts of the world would be wiping the floor with most of us (A grade 10 student in places like Finland and Japan would outshine even a year 11/12 student here)
But I disagree with the way he's going about it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

So following your logic, who should be able to hold the post of Prime Minister?
NormalGirl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't like his ideas, hes making a mess of the education system

Posted from TSR Mobile
cherryontop
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He has no experience of working in schools at all and doesn't seem to have a clue?
justmyself
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't like him but I enjoy how my teachers **** him off all the time.
Shelly_x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty much every teacher you will ask harbours a hatred for Gove. He isn't listening to any of the advice from headteacher and professionals and is ignoring the concerns they raise about his reforms. I don't see why someone who has never worked in education thinks its a smart idea to reject all ideas put forward by those who have worked in education their entire working careers (usually).
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cherryontop)
....and doesn't seem to have a clue?
Just like you with that question mark at the end of your sentence.

I love him, think it is safe to say that on TSR these days
loletta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He does not consider the economy, or that he is inflating qualifications.
He also wants to make everybody hate history.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads