Photography 'expanding the idea'. Watch

ProDowd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi. I study GCSE photography and I am not a very creative person. Probably because I grew up looking at the colour green. Anyway, I am going to be takin pictures for my documentary photography before the 10 hour exam. My documentary is about day in a life of a dog. I was wondering if anyone could help me expand my idea to get some good shots?

Thank you
.sophia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go to town with different angles. Don't be conscious of getting on the floor or peering through gaps. If you get into it, you could get some really interesting shots! Good luck.
Deycallmeboo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Take photographs from the height of a dog, through legs ect.

perhaps consider changing images to black and white representing a dogs colour view of the world.

get some friends to help and take pictures of them from the ground looking down, showing the different emotions of affection people have towards dogs.

if you have a dog, try and get a macro shot of its paws with the camera rested in its chest almost like it was looking down at its own feet.

play with smoke like smells wafting through the air emphasising a dogs keen smell, this could be done on photoshop?

Focus in on unusual things, cobbles stones on the ground.

if you can, look for opportunities to take photos of two dogs together and put a vignette funded the edges with a grayscale filter blending to Rgb in the centre focal point signifying loneliness and longing of the dog for a friend?

If producing a collection, photograph towns and things with somber lighting and filters with areas like parks taking in brilliant light etc.

a few ideas for you there, I took graphics for my gcse so I have often had to plan photo shoots and things, it has taught me to look at things differently and once you're immersed in your photographing, I'm sure inspiration will come to you!!!
username91207
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ProDowd)
Hi. I study GCSE photography and I am not a very creative person. Probably because I grew up looking at the colour green. Anyway, I am going to be takin pictures for my documentary photography before the 10 hour exam. My documentary is about day in a life of a dog. I was wondering if anyone could help me expand my idea to get some good shots?

Thank you
Sorry, can we just discuss this? What?
ProDowd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by snowyowl)
Sorry, can we just discuss this? What?
Ahaha! There was a thing on tumblr saying that green was the most uncreative colour.

(Original post by Deycallmeboo)
Take photographs from the height of a dog, through legs ect.

perhaps consider changing images to black and white representing a dogs colour view of the world.

get some friends to help and take pictures of them from the ground looking down, showing the different emotions of affection people have towards dogs.

if you have a dog, try and get a macro shot of its paws with the camera rested in its chest almost like it was looking down at its own feet.

play with smoke like smells wafting through the air emphasising a dogs keen smell, this could be done on photoshop?

Focus in on unusual things, cobbles stones on the ground.

if you can, look for opportunities to take photos of two dogs together and put a vignette funded the edges with a grayscale filter blending to Rgb in the centre focal point signifying loneliness and longing of the dog for a friend?

If producing a collection, photograph towns and things with somber lighting and filters with areas like parks taking in brilliant light etc.

a few ideas for you there, I took graphics for my gcse so I have often had to plan photo shoots and things, it has taught me to look at things differently and once you're immersed in your photographing, I'm sure inspiration will come to you!!!
Wow, Thanks dude It has helped me and it has me to create some brilliant shots
.sophia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're welcome...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.72%
The paper was reasonable (441)
45.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.12%

Watched Threads