Turn on thread page Beta

Housemate implying other housemate is racist - foreign 3rd housemate watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically something was written on the notice board about one housemate having a union flag. Another housemate wrote a note underneath saying that the housemate is a racist. Due to the bad handwriting, the only words legible are "xxxxx is a racist" ... It was only meant as a joke ... But we do have an Eastern European living with us and I'm not sure if he saw it. Obviously I'm not going to quote it and ask him. Should I just hope that he didn't see it? but if he did see it things might get awkward. At least neither of them actually made a racist comment. The "racist" was named but he might not know who wrote it, meaning he might think I did it! I sent the housemate who wrote the comment a message saying how it was only a joke but probably not the best thing to write with a foreign person living with us. She replied saying how he probably wouldn't care and that racism is mainly against black/Asian people ! I replied saying how the eu recently letting our housemates nationality in means that there's a fair amount of racism against his nationality. She replied saying how they've been getting bad press for years !!! As if that makes it ok/ he's used to it/ he doesn't care ... I just heard the two British girls talking to each other. I couldn't make out much of what they said although it sounded like "don't do it again" then an apology ... I'm not sure what I'm asking ... I did start typing before I heard the apology. I was going to ask if I should tell the girl with the union flag what was written incase she hadn't seen it and the foreign housemate had a go at her !

ReputationRep:
    Nice conversation with yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Nice conversation with yourself.
    Yeah I dunno what I'm asking. Like I said I was going to warn the union flag girl of what was written (if she had seen it she would've rubbed it off so I'm assuming se hadn't seen it) but now I'm pretty sure the person who wrote the comment told her and apologised so if better hope the Eastern European housemate didn't see it. But I dunno how long it was on the board for. It could've been 7-11pm during which time I'm pretty sure the foreign housemate would've gone past the notice board to get to the kitchen and/or bathroom.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.