Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    I have my interview for LS with FY in Manchester in a two weeks and I'm really nervous about it! I couldn't do a straightforward pharmacology degree as I only have Biology as a Science but I am predicted AAA.
    I will be grateful for any insights/past experiences for any people out there!
    I knw it's no Oxbridge interview but I'm really worried they'll quiz me.
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be nervous. You'll do great! Good luck! ^^
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mjlyricist)
    Hello everyone,
    I have my interview for LS with FY in Manchester in a two weeks and I'm really nervous about it! I couldn't do a straightforward pharmacology degree as I only have Biology as a Science but I am predicted AAA.
    I will be grateful for any insights/past experiences for any people out there!
    I knw it's no Oxbridge interview but I'm really worried they'll quiz me.
    Thanks in advance.
    I've copied and pasted this directly from another thread, but it should answer your questions pretty much:

Whilst we can't say exactly what you'll be asked (that's not fair on everyone else) we can give you some general pointers. Obviously the most important questions are: Why Manchester? Why this degree? What do you like about the degree? Where do you see yourself in the future? This will hold true for any degree at any university, so make sure you have some answers prepared.

You'll be given a tour and the opportunity to speak to some current or former students, make sure you ask some useful questions about being a student (timetabling, workload, accommodation, nights out, part-time work etc) which can help you make up your mind. If you have the tour and chat before your interview, use some of the information you've picked up in the interview - e.g. if you're asked "why Manchester?" give your response and then say that you like the facilities or that the students said good things about the availability of jobs or something. Make sure you've re-read your PS and be prepared to answer a few questions; you may not know the answer, but they'll be looking to see how you approach the situation.

Interviews like this are never as bad as people make out, so don't worry and good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 22, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.