Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Pathetic shameless liars.

What really happened

ReputationRep:
    What did they lie about exactly? I don't see what the second video is trying to point out. How does it contradict the first one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    What did they lie about exactly? I don't see what the second video is trying to point out. How does it contradict the first one?
    it was said that the tank ran over him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    The first video doesn't even mention what happened afterwards...

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't, it doesn't even infer it.

ReputationRep:
    Where in the piece does it say that? I certainly didn't hear it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are using the license fee to build a missile silo underneath the BBC buildings across the country in conjunction with the lizard people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01Chris02)
    No it doesn't, it doesn't even infer it.
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Where in the piece does it say that? I certainly didn't hear it.
    (Original post by CJKay)
    The first video doesn't even mention what happened afterwards...
    You dont understand why they called it "tiananmensquare massacre" n not "some cool guy blocking the tank" dont you.

ReputationRep:
    You dont understand why they called it "tiananmensquare massacre" n not "some cool guy blocking the tank" dont you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananm...otests_of_1989

(Original post by Wikipedia)
    The crackdown that initiated on June 3–4 became known as the Tiananmen Square Massacre or the June 4 Massacre as troops with assault rifles and tanks inflicted thousands of casualties on unarmed civilians trying to block the military’s advance on Tiananmen Square in the heart of Beijing, which student demonstrators had occupied for seven weeks. The scale of military mobilization and the resulting bloodshed were unprecedented in the history of Beijing, a city with a rich tradition of popular protests in the 20th century.

ReputationRep:
    i am afraid that part is not entirely true as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...les-claim.html

ReputationRep:
    i am afraid that part is not entirely true as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...les-claim.html
    So the BBC is supposed to completely disregard the internationally accepted name for the event because of Wikileaks' unverified claims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    So the BBC is supposed to completely disregard the internationally accepted name for the event because of Wikileaks' unverified claims?
    I want to know why is the US hunting down wikileaks and edward snowden like madman

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has seen this video. Everyone knows he wasnt squished by a tank.

Do you believe everything the BBC/CNN says? the answer is only yes or no.
    actaully bbc are usually right, same cant be said for cnn fox news abc etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Where in the piece or intro does it use the words 'Tienanmen Square massacre'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Everyone has seen this video. Everyone knows he wasnt squished by a tank.
    okay i am so touched :bawling:

so touched that everyone knows the truth and did not exaggerate and demonized the incident

ReputationRep:
    QFA
    I don't get why you seem to have this idea that being ethnically Chinese automatically means that you have to side with what is (was) essentially a police state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    I don't get why you seem to have this idea that being ethnically Chinese automatically means that you have to side with what is (was) essentially a police state.
    im just letting you know that he didnt got run over by the tank as speculated

ReputationRep:
    A massacre isn't all that easy to broadcast on the teatime news.

I'm not sure what you're tryign to say really?

That the BBC said their wasn't a massacre?

ReputationRep:
    I want to know why is the US hunting down wikileaks and edward snowden like madman
    Because the US is run by corrupt politicians, but what does that have to do with this incident?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.