The Student Room Group

The BBC lied about tiananmen square massacre. What else had they lied to us?

Scroll to see replies

Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll.

Could you troll any more? Boring.
Reply 41
love it how things suddenly went quiet after i posted a newspage from bbc.
Reply 42
Original post by GnomeMage
okay just read this fully. The video only showed part of the news and not what it entirely said.

It did not showed the full footage of the tank man but you can find BBC's full stance on here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/china_politics/key_people_events/html/9.stm

This was the brutal crushing of pro-democracy demonstrations in 1989, when troops and police killed several hundred unarmed people around Beijing's most famous square.

with the same picture beside.

Perhaps because they happened at the same time.....
okay just read this fully. The video only showed part of the news and not what it entirely said.

It did not showed the full footage of the tank man but you can find BBC's full stance on here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/china_politics/key_people_events/html/9.stm

This was the brutal crushing of pro-democracy demonstrations in 1989, when troops and police killed several hundred unarmed people around Beijing's most famous square.

The report wasn't about the whole Tienanmen incident, it was about one photographer's part in it and his recollections. The photographer stated that he was taking photos and looked away and the man disappeared - so it would have gone against the thrust of the whole report to show him being hurried away. Again, at no point was it called a massacre or stated or inferred that the man died. It is pretty well known, in fact, that he didn't.

As for that page which you quote from and link to, it similarly doesn't call it a massacre. Nor does it say that anyone was killed in the square, it states that the deaths occurred nearby - a point which accords with the Wikileaks report. And I would think that most sentient people would regard deploying tanks and sending in troops to end a peaceful protest, resulting in many deaths, as pretty brutal.
Dont tell me about it. Tell the BBC. assuming that they would listen to you. I wont even try to ask for a retraction.

You really can't follow an argument can you? There is nothing for the BBC to retract. This is like arguing with jelly.
Reply 45
Original post by ageshallnot
The report wasn't about the whole Tienanmen incident, it was about one photographer's part in it and his recollections. The photographer stated that he was taking photos and looked away and the man disappeared - so it would have gone against the thrust of the whole report to show him being hurried away. Again, at no point was it called a massacre or stated or inferred that the man died. It is pretty well known, in fact, that he didn't.

As for that page which you quote from and link to, it similarly doesn't call it a massacre. Nor does it say that anyone was killed in the square, it states that the deaths occurred nearby - a point which accords with the Wikileaks report. And I would think that most sentient people would regard deploying tanks and sending in troops to end a peaceful protest, resulting in many deaths, as pretty brutal.

okay now this posts makes the most sense of all i have seen on the internet. but you cannot deny that many still believed the tanks ran over protesters and medias are not helping by not showing the full footage.
love it how things suddenly went quiet after i posted a newspage from bbc.

So presumably you hate it when that quietness disappears?
okay now this posts makes the most sense of all i have seen on the internet. but you cannot deny that many still believed the tanks ran over protesters and medias are not helping by not showing the full footage.

Unlike you perhaps, I am old enough to remember the incident and the original footage as broadcast by various outlets at the time. It was NEVER stated or inferred that 'tank man' was run over.

I agree that it would be good to put the full footage, but only if relevant. Given the scope of the particular report, it would have been contradictory. However, in a report about 'what happened to tank man?' or perhaps about 'the Tienanman Square protests, then yes, I would expect to see the full footage.
You dont understand why they called it "tiananmensquare massacre" n not "some cool guy blocking the tank" dont you.

Do you have any evidence to suggest that they were originally the ones who coined it the 'tiananmensquare massacre'?

I feel I should remind you that there was an casualty and fatality rate that exceeded the thousands throughout the protest.
Reply 49
Original post by 01Chris02
Do you have any evidence to suggest that they were originally the ones who coined it the 'tiananmensquare massacre'?

I feel I should remind you that there was an casualty and fatality rate that exceeded the thousands throughout the protest.

Your first paragraph and second's logic doesnt match together.
The chinese nationalist is currently residing in Taiwan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuomintang

and they have absolutely nothing to do and even joined in to condemn the incident.

What does that have to do with what I said?
Reply 51
Original post by DorianGrayism
What does that have to do with what I said?

As much as what your posts has to do with the thread title
As much as what your posts has to do with the thread title

All of my posts have to do with the thread title unless I am replying to a post
Reply 53
All of my posts have to do with the thread title unless I am replying to a post

Yeap precisely. So as mine.
Yeap precisely. So as mine.

Ok. So where did I say any differently?
Reply 55
Ok. So where did I say any differently?

I am not your mum. Go over your own posts yourself.
I am not your mum. Go over your own posts yourself.

Haha. Ok. :smile:
Reply 57
Haha. Ok. :smile:

I have this effect on a lot of people. :-)
I have this effect on a lot of people. :-)

I can tell babe.
Reply 59

"Although the Party claimed nobody was killed on the Square itself, several hundred people were killed by the army and police on nearby streets as the troops lost control and opened fire on unarmed protesters."
Source your link.

Which is exactly what the wikileaks report also says. So what is your point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending