Sainsbury's - Night shift staff - Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve Watch

K4y88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone!

I recently applied to Sainsbury's to do night shifts over the Christmas period. Does anyone know if night staff work on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve? Am I likely to be working overnight on those days? If so, are the hours the same?

Thanks, K.
littlesmurfette
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to work at TESCO. I never had to work Christmas Eve but as it was open on New years day so was expected to work NYE.

From my experience- if you have applied for a temporary Christmas period role the chances are you will be asked to work NYE. Also expect to be asked to work Christmas day- the normal staff don't want to do it so it is dumped on the temporary, christmas staff.
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by littlesmurfette)
I used to work at TESCO. I never had to work Christmas Eve but as it was open on New years day so was expected to work NYE.

From my experience- if you have applied for a temporary Christmas period role the chances are you will be asked to work NYE. Also expect to be asked to work Christmas day- the normal staff don't want to do it so it is dumped on the temporary, christmas staff.
Most places like sainsburys arent open on christmas day. So luckily the OP wont have to do that.

With regards to the original question- its likely you will have to work new years eve. You might have to work christmas eve- but i doubt you would end up working really late (i.e. into christmas day) as they wont be open on christmas day.
littlesmurfette
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
Most places like sainsburys arent open on christmas day. So luckily the OP wont have to do that.

With regards to the original question- its likely you will have to work new years eve. You might have to work christmas eve- but i doubt you would end up working really late (i.e. into christmas day) as they wont be open on christmas day.
Who do you think stocks the shelves overnight for boxing day? The magic little elves? :rolleyes:
littlesmurfette
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also it depends what sort of store she applied to. Our Sainsburys local is open 9-2 on Christmas day. Main supermarkets aren't open- but the some of the smaller ones often are.
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by littlesmurfette)
Who do you think stocks the shelves overnight for boxing day? The magic little elves? :rolleyes:
Ever heard of stocking up on christmas eve after closing time?
I have a friend who doesnight shifts for asda, and its a similar thing there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
30.59%
The paper was reasonable (524)
39.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (226)
17.07%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.76%

Watched Threads