The Student Room Group

I have no friends...

Right, so I have really about... 2/3 friends, they're never in, and I have to go in. I'm 14 now, just entered Year 9, and yeah, everyone hates me really, I have nobody to go to, and I just don't know what to do... We have to split lunch times, when I want to go in to the library, in half, so I only get 15 minutes in there, then I have to get out for the year 7's etc. I then spend 15 minutes awkwardly. I just got a new phone, meaning I can listen to music, but some kid is probably gonna pull an earphone out or hit me, anything to impress their 'gang'. I just can't do this anymore, nobody to talk to, I spend lessons usually alone, I enjoy them sometimes, when I know I have nobody to talk to, I just get along with them, and do everything. I have fairly long hair too, (I'm a boy.) and I get abuse for that, but I like my hair because it hides my eyes, and you know.
I just need help. Please.:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Bumping this because it took a while to be approved, also moved it into Friends, Family and Work.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Right, so I have really about... 2/3 friends, they're never in, and I have to go in. I'm 14 now, just entered Year 9, and yeah, everyone hates me really, I have nobody to go to, and I just don't know what to do... We have to split lunch times, when I want to go in to the library, in half, so I only get 15 minutes in there, then I have to get out for the year 7's etc. I then spend 15 minutes awkwardly. I just got a new phone, meaning I can listen to music, but some kid is probably gonna pull an earphone out or hit me, anything to impress their 'gang'. I just can't do this anymore, nobody to talk to, I spend lessons usually alone, I enjoy them sometimes, when I know I have nobody to talk to, I just get along with them, and do everything. I have fairly long hair too, (I'm a boy.) and I get abuse for that, but I like my hair because it hides my eyes, and you know.

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: I'm sure not everyone hates you! Don't think such a thing. I'm guessing you lack confidence from your last line? Maybe that's where the issue lies. Perhaps people don't approach you as you're quiet? I think the best way to make friends is to have a bit more confidence in yourself and try talking to some new people. There will be plenty of people in your year who I'm sure would love to be your friend if they had the opportunity! :smile: You could possibly try and join a sports club at your school, or any other club that may interest you. It'd be a great way to talk to people as you would share interests :smile:

No one should feel as if they have no friends, and I hate to see posts like this as they really upset me. I hope things improve for you soon :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

:hugs:
I sympathise, I honestly do. I spent a lot of my secondary school life friendless.
Why aren't your friends ever in? Can't you ask them to come in so that you're not alone?

Spend your alone time doing some work, so you'll get good grades and then you can get into a good uni when you leave school :smile:

Yh wow, i used to be the same in yr 7-9 and it was really difficult to deal with it.
I was quiet and shy, so i got bullied too. I'm not straight and that made it worse too.
But i saw that the years were flying past so quick and before i knew it, i was out of the stupid school.
Trust me, time will go faster than you expect it to. :smile:

Or...you could maybe try moving to a different school?
Reply 5
I know what it feels like to be bullied more than anyone, for 9 years of my life, I was bullied. Kicked, beaten, called names, money stolen from, and everything you could think of. Since 2004 till 2013, I was being bullied, in every school. Yeah I wasn't the slimmest and best-looking guy, but I was a nice and kind hearted person, but no one cared about me. Heck, even my so called "best friend" at that time was the one who was telling people to bully me! And did this behind my back! Every time I was bullied, and I went home, I would loose myself in tears, and the only thing that consoled me was my favorite superhero, Spider-Man. I would read his comics and they made me feel better. i could always imagine him putting his hand on my shoulder saying "It's okay." When I moved to my secondary school, I thought my ordeal of bullying was over. It wasn't. Again, a close friend of mine started bullying me. He had gotten people to come with him and they pointed a knife at me. I was so scared. The best part was, he was my form tutor's son.I didn't tell anyone, I was too scared, but I did make a new friend in the beginning of the year who was like an older brother to me, the only person whom I could actually trust, who even until today, for 2 years, hasn't ever betrayed me. So back to the bully, one day, I couldn't take it anymore. Enough is enough. I went to his dad, and told his father everything. After some time, he dragged me to the toilet and started yelling at me for telling his dad. That's when I snapped. (I'm generally a very kind and peace-loving person who would never say anything wrong or rude) All that anger in me, for 9 whole years, a bit of it came out, and all that strength, I lifted him up in the air and yelled at him, and threw him to the ground. (Note: He is two time's my size, with muscles-a jock, basically) Ever since then, he has never been brave enough to bully me again, and actually respects me now. But the downside is, that because of the 9-year bullying ordeal, it's caused me problems, mainly being anti-social. I can only talk to my best friend about anything, but when it comes to anyone else, It's kind of difficult for me. When we're in groups discussing about stuff, I barely talk, mainly because I feel no one wants to hear me. When everyone else is having fun and talking, I'm in one corner doing nothing, not being able to socialize because I feel that I'll be disturbing them, but no one understands except for my best friend, whom always comes and talks to me. I have zero confidence too. Heck, I even had a teacher who used to call me name and hit me, just because he was racist. The other thing is that I still have all that anger in me, waiting to come out, and controlling it is kind of hard. No one wants to understand me, they only think that I’m some teenager who likes Spider-Man and Doctor Who, but no one wants to know why. No one cares about how broken I actually am, how sad I really am, how much I’ve cried. No one cares. No one. I hope that my story will help someone out there, because if someone is bullying you, no matter how much they threaten you, you have to tell someone. It will only help, I promise. Don't become me.
Original post by redback7211
I know what it feels like to be bullied more than anyone, for 9 years of my life, I was bullied. Kicked, beaten, called names, money stolen from, and everything you could think of. Since 2004 till 2013, I was being bullied, in every school. Yeah I wasn't the slimmest and best-looking guy, but I was a nice and kind hearted person, but no one cared about me. Heck, even my so called "best friend" at that time was the one who was telling people to bully me! And did this behind my back! Every time I was bullied, and I went home, I would loose myself in tears, and the only thing that consoled me was my favorite superhero, Spider-Man. I would read his comics and they made me feel better. i could always imagine him putting his hand on my shoulder saying "It's okay." When I moved to my secondary school, I thought my ordeal of bullying was over. It wasn't. Again, a close friend of mine started bullying me. He had gotten people to come with him and they pointed a knife at me. I was so scared. The best part was, he was my form tutor's son.I didn't tell anyone, I was too scared, but I did make a new friend in the beginning of the year who was like an older brother to me, the only person whom I could actually trust, who even until today, for 2 years, hasn't ever betrayed me. So back to the bully, one day, I couldn't take it anymore. Enough is enough. I went to his dad, and told his father everything. After some time, he dragged me to the toilet and started yelling at me for telling his dad. That's when I snapped. (I'm generally a very kind and peace-loving person who would never say anything wrong or rude) All that anger in me, for 9 whole years, a bit of it came out, and all that strength, I lifted him up in the air and yelled at him, and threw him to the ground. (Note: He is two time's my size, with muscles-a jock, basically) Ever since then, he has never been brave enough to bully me again, and actually respects me now. But the downside is, that because of the 9-year bullying ordeal, it's caused me problems, mainly being anti-social. I can only talk to my best friend about anything, but when it comes to anyone else, It's kind of difficult for me. When we're in groups discussing about stuff, I barely talk, mainly because I feel no one wants to hear me. When everyone else is having fun and talking, I'm in one corner doing nothing, not being able to socialize because I feel that I'll be disturbing them, but no one understands except for my best friend, whom always comes and talks to me. I have zero confidence too. Heck, I even had a teacher who used to call me name and hit me, just because he was racist. The other thing is that I still have all that anger in me, waiting to come out, and controlling it is kind of hard. No one wants to understand me, they only think that I’m some teenager who likes Spider-Man and Doctor Who, but no one wants to know why. No one cares about how broken I actually am, how sad I really am, how much I’ve cried. No one cares. No one. I hope that my story will help someone out there, because if someone is bullying you, no matter how much they threaten you, you have to tell someone. It will only help, I promise. Don't become me.

omg wow, i don't what else to say other than i hope your life will change for the better some time soon.
All the best dude. I'm sure everything will turn out right for you. :smile:

Have you tried speaking to a counsellor? Or just someone who can help you out?
Reply 7
Original post by Infinity_4652
omg wow, i don't what else to say other than i hope your life will change for the better some time soon.
All the best dude. I'm sure everything will turn out right for you. :smile:

Have you tried speaking to a counsellor? Or just someone who can help you out?

i hope so too man :frown: thank you for your words of encouragement :')
i haven't because i dunno, i feel, afraid, you know? :/ i, i just need someone to save me :frown:
i hope so too man :frown: thank you for your words of encouragement :')
i haven't because i dunno, i feel, afraid, you know? :/ i, i just need someone to save me :frown:

No, problem dude. Private message me if you ever need to. :smile:
I went through the same thing when i was in secondary school, mostly because i was really quiet and shy.
I'm not straight and that made my life much worse in secondary school because everyone was so homophobic.

All in all, i had a tough time making friends in primary school and years 7-10.
But i eventually found my small group of friends halfway through year 11.
I don't why but i stayed for sixth form and most of my friends left, so that year was my biggest regret.
Now that i've transferred to college, i still have the anti-social problem so i had some trouble fitting in and making friends.
However, i'm slowly starting to get the hang of it. :smile:

I got through my tough days of primary and secondary school with patience and motivation.
Honestly, i did get anxious and i felt like giving up in life time and time again.
But giving up and feeling so depressed isn't a solution. Don't ever give up.

I was afraid too, it's perfectly normal to be afraid in such a situation.
I think it would be best if you get a counsellor.
Everything that you tell him/her is kept confidential, so no-one from school will know unless if you give your counsellor permission to speak with anyone at school.

I hope this helps, all the best bro. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
No, problem dude. Private message me if you ever need to. :smile:
I went through the same thing when i was in secondary school, mostly because i was really quiet and shy.
I'm not straight and that made my life much worse in secondary school because everyone was so homophobic.

All in all, i had a tough time making friends in primary school and years 7-10.
But i eventually found my small group of friends halfway through year 11.
I don't why but i stayed for sixth form and most of my friends left, so that year was my biggest regret.
Now that i've transferred to college, i still have the anti-social problem so i had some trouble fitting in and making friends.
However, i'm slowly starting to get the hang of it. :smile:

I got through my tough days of primary and secondary school with patience and motivation.
Honestly, i did get anxious and i felt like giving up in life time and time again.
But giving up and feeling so depressed isn't a solution. Don't ever give up.

I was afraid too, it's perfectly normal to be afraid in such a situation.
I think it would be best if you get a counsellor.
Everything that you tell him/her is kept confidential, so no-one from school will know unless if you give your counsellor permission to speak with anyone at school.

I hope this helps, all the best bro. :smile:

Thanks bro :smile:
Thank you so much for your help :smile: I don't get society, one minute they say "We don't judge people for being themselves" and the next minute, they're judging you for being yourself and calling you names. I've also started making new friends :smile: especially with this girl, whom I can talk to, and actually, she used to think of me as a weirdo, and always avoided me, but now, she's always talking me! :biggrin: But of course, that guy who bullied is now trying his luck with her, and it kinda pisses me off.
But you're right :smile: I shouldn't give up. For everything bad that happens, it's only a matter of time before something good happens :smile:

I think I should see a counselor, my only fear is, i don't want anyone, including my parents to know that I've gone for counseling :/

But thank you bro :smile: Thank you. You don't know how much you've helped. Honestly, I don't care if you're straight or not. You're a very friendly and helpful person :smile:
Thanks bro :smile:
Thank you so much for your help :smile: I don't get society, one minute they say "We don't judge people for being themselves" and the next minute, they're judging you for being yourself and calling you names. I've also started making new friends :smile: especially with this girl, whom I can talk to, and actually, she used to think of me as a weirdo, and always avoided me, but now, she's always talking me! :biggrin: But of course, that guy who bullied is now trying his luck with her, and it kinda pisses me off.
But you're right :smile: I shouldn't give up. For everything bad that happens, it's only a matter of time before something good happens :smile:

I think I should see a counselor, my only fear is, i don't want anyone, including my parents to know that I've gone for counseling :/

But thank you bro :smile: Thank you. You don't know how much you've helped. Honestly, I don't care if you're straight or not. You're a very friendly and helpful person :smile:

People are different, so we all think differently on everything. I agree that we shouldn't judge someone for being themselves, but bullies obviously don't.

It's great that you've begun to make friends. It's a challenge you'll go through, so you will sometimes have the usual ups and downs.
I found it really difficult, so don't put yourself down if you see that making friends is difficult for you too.

Isn't there a counsellor in school??
Or if your local council provides the counselling, could you maybe tell your parents you're going out??

You've made me feel better about myself. :biggrin:
I'm always more than happy to help you out. Whatever happens, don't give up. :smile:
Reply 11
In dont have any friends but am perfectly happy with my own company.
I don't have any friends either. And I'm at uni.
Learn to get on with yourself; alone is pretty much how you go through life.
People are different, so we all think differently on everything. I agree that we shouldn't judge someone for being themselves, but bullies obviously don't.

It's great that you've begun to make friends. It's a challenge you'll go through, so you will sometimes have the usual ups and downs.
I found it really difficult, so don't put yourself down if you see that making friends is difficult for you too.

Isn't there a counsellor in school??
Or if your local council provides the counselling, could you maybe tell your parents you're going out??

You've made me feel better about myself. :biggrin:
I'm always more than happy to help you out. Whatever happens, don't give up. :smile:

Well, bullies are just brainless buffoons xD
It is kinda difficult, with the whole 'lone wolf' thing :/ I may have developed feelings for that girl, i don't know yet, i hope not (cos i just want to be friends, and im not really dating material :/) but whenever that bully goes and starts talking to her, and winking at her, i kinda get pissed, i dunno :/
yes the counselor is in my sch (at least, thats what i rmb) xD
no probs man! you've made me feel better about myself too! Thank you for your sincere help bro :smile:
Reply 15

dont worry babz i know how it feels but u know wat sometimes u just have to tell them to f off and smile:wink: and if u ever experience bullying TELL SOMEONE or if ur not comfortable with that call child line 0800 1111 or u can just come talk to me i will be ur friend
Reply 16

omg baby that must have been horrible i sympathise with u omg i am in tears right know coz no one deserves to feel like that and that teacher is b word for even treating u in that manner yet alone touch u and i prais u for being strong and getting by these difficult times times :smile:
Reply 17
why do people not like you, you could always just get a haircut
Reply 18
Life lesson: Blood over water

For those of you who don't understand you choose your family over your friends, as your friends won't help you get through life.
Well, bullies are just brainless buffoons xD
It is kinda difficult, with the whole 'lone wolf' thing :/ I may have developed feelings for that girl, i don't know yet, i hope not (cos i just want to be friends, and im not really dating material :/) but whenever that bully goes and starts talking to her, and winking at her, i kinda get pissed, i dunno :/
yes the counselor is in my sch (at least, thats what i rmb) xD
no probs man! you've made me feel better about myself too! Thank you for your sincere help bro :smile:

Will you eventually tell her that you have a crush on her??

Oh that's cool then, have you spoken to your counsellor yet??

Always happy to help. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending