The Student Room Group

I have no friends...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Right, so I have really about... 2/3 friends, they're never in, and I have to go in. I'm 14 now, just entered Year 9, and yeah, everyone hates me really, I have nobody to go to, and I just don't know what to do... We have to split lunch times, when I want to go in to the library, in half, so I only get 15 minutes in there, then I have to get out for the year 7's etc. I then spend 15 minutes awkwardly. I just got a new phone, meaning I can listen to music, but some kid is probably gonna pull an earphone out or hit me, anything to impress their 'gang'. I just can't do this anymore, nobody to talk to, I spend lessons usually alone, I enjoy them sometimes, when I know I have nobody to talk to, I just get along with them, and do everything. I have fairly long hair too, (I'm a boy.) and I get abuse for that, but I like my hair because it hides my eyes, and you know.
I just need help. Please.
I can realy sympathise with your situation , I had this happen to myself whilst I was in Yr9 and all I can say it is just keep yourself away from people who you know give you **** and just go somewhere where you feel comfortable and safe. I Know it seems hard now but trust me things will get better. DM me if you want to talk more.
Original post by t to the z
omg baby that must have been horrible i sympathise with u omg i am in tears right know coz no one deserves to feel like that and that teacher is b word for even treating u in that manner yet alone touch u and i prais u for being strong and getting by these difficult times times :smile:

it is horrible :/ exactly, no one should go such a thing...
Thank you :smile: for your praises :smile: it means a lot
Original post by Infinity_4652
Will you eventually tell her that you have a crush on her??

Oh that's cool then, have you spoken to your counsellor yet??

Always happy to help. :h:

eventually i will xD but its nothing major, cos i dont really wanna hv a crush, but yeah..
i've set up a meeting already next thursday, so yeah! :biggrin:
Original post by redback7211
eventually i will xD but its nothing major, cos i dont really wanna hv a crush, but yeah..
i've set up a meeting already next thursday, so yeah! :biggrin:

Take your time to tell her. :smile:

Great! Keep me updated. :biggrin:
Original post by Infinity_4652
Take your time to tell her. :smile:

Great! Keep me updated. :biggrin:

i will bro! :biggrin:
I don't have all that much advice because I never managed to solve the problem myself, but I do know how horrible it is when your friends aren't there. I had a few classes where I didn't know anybody, and I was painfully shy during secondary school because I was bullied for my weight, so I couldn't just "make friends" with people - as people knew that making friends with me meant that they'd be bullied, too! The number of times I've sat in the corner and just hoped that there wouldn't be any need to work in pairs..

But you will get through it :smile:. I don't spend much time dwelling on high school now. It came, it happened, it went, and life goes on.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I don't have all that much advice because I never managed to solve the problem myself, but I do know how horrible it is when your friends aren't there. I had a few classes where I didn't know anybody, and I was painfully shy during secondary school because I was bullied for my weight, so I couldn't just "make friends" with people - as people knew that making friends with me meant that they'd be bullied, too! The number of times I've sat in the corner and just hoped that there wouldn't be any need to work in pairs..

But you will get through it :smile:. I don't spend much time dwelling on high school now. It came, it happened, it went, and life goes on.

I know that feel :frown:
it's always "oh, he's big sized, let's think of him as a freak and join the other guys". i swear, sometimes i hate society :/
I hope i can :smile: i think i will :smile:
I know that feel :frown:
it's always "oh, he's big sized, let's think of him as a freak and join the other guys". i swear, sometimes i hate society :/
I hope i can :smile: i think i will :smile:

Yeah it's shocking sometimes. The worst thing is that now I've LOST the weight, people are being like "ohh look at her now, she must love herself." I can't win!

You will get through it :smile:.
i have been bullied entire my school life i was called gay because i was shy,quiet and bit girly nobody was there for me whenvthe entire class made fun of me.even i told someon they say thats not a serious problem dont be so 'cry baby'.well it all changed i left that crap school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
it is horrible :/ exactly, no one should go such a thing...
Thank you :smile: for your praises :smile: it means a lot

ur welcome babz
i will bro! :biggrin:

:h:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Yeah it's shocking sometimes. The worst thing is that now I've LOST the weight, people are being like "ohh look at her now, she must love herself." I can't win!

You will get through it :smile:.

same thing! i lost tons of weight, and they dont care at all!
I know i will now :smile:
Original post by t to the z
ur welcome babz

:smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Rascacielos
Learn to get on with yourself; alone is pretty much how you go through life.

What have people ever done to you?
Original post by tehforum
What have people ever done to you?

What do you mean?
Reply 35
Original post by Rascacielos
What do you mean?

Your comment seems like it was based on some sort of personal experience which contributed to the overall negative tone.
Original post by lucas13
why do people not like you, you could always just get a haircut

What?
Original post by tehforum
Your comment seems like it was based on some sort of personal experience which contributed to the overall negative tone.

It wasn't meant to sound bitter though - I have enough friends and a very close family; it's not as though I am physically, or even emotionally, "alone". But I may lose friends and my parents will probably die before me. Sometimes I spend time away from anybody I know. So I just figure that, at the end of the day, the only constant in your life is yourself and you have to learn to accept that and rely on it when you need to.

Although that's my general perception and philosophy, I suppose you're not entirely wrong about my personal experience. Way back at school I spent a year totally alone which I guess is quite a big thing, since most 12/13 year olds are totally surrounded by other people. I think perhaps that did shape my understanding and it made me learn to live with myself. I learned to not feel alone, even if I were going through a stage that other people would consider "loneliness".

And I'm actually quite grateful for that experience because I think it has shaped me into quite a strong person, and I don't mean to sound arrogant when I say that. You may disagree with me, of course, but I simply think it's important for people to learn to be happy in their own company. The OP may have no friends at the moment but that's not such a bad thing; it's a chance for him to learn to accept and enjoy his own company, and realise that you don't need to rely on other people to make you feel whole, even if you enjoy spending time with them.

That's all I'm sayin', gov. :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
To all you guys that have been bullied, please don't put yourselves down or feel bad in any way. Bullying is a horrible thing, and I can understand your pain. But all in all, stay strong...you're better than you think, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :smile:

"Some people won't be happy until they've pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away. ~Donna Schoenrock "

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
This post made me think back the 9 years I've been to England, I got bullied for not knowing English, but there're always some one to help, I picked up English fast and made few friends, but to make friends you got to join them, show that you're special and can be accepted, or just be yourself, for example, I am nothing special, not good looking, foreign, not going out and weird hobbies, but my friends didn't care, they like me for my unique-ness, but in every school there're always a group of people that can accept anyone no matter what race or sex, also get good grades, then some people might look up to you and also for guidance, sorry if my English is poor.
Also find people with the common interest, for example gaming, study, subjects, hobbies, then talk to them about it that worked for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest