Huge trust issues - Don't know how to make them better Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I've always had huge trust issues when in relationships, and I think it's because my mum has cheated in the past.

I want to know if there's anyone I can talk to for free out there as I genuinely think I need therapy or something as it's destroying my current relationship with a girl I love so much, but I can't afford to pay to talk to anyone as I'm on a tiny budget as it is atm.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically I've always had huge trust issues when in relationships, and I think it's because my mum has cheated in the past.

I want to know if there's anyone I can talk to for free out there as I genuinely think I need therapy or something as it's destroying my current relationship with a girl I love so much, but I can't afford to pay to talk to anyone as I'm on a tiny budget as it is atm.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi,

I know how you feel. I have had massive trust issues my whole life, and a couple of years ago I suffered from pretty severe depression. One good thing to come of that was that I was sent to a therapist on the NHS, who really helped me a lot.

I actually moved to Beijing because of this depression and the fact that I didn't trust anyone around me, and now I feel better than ever. I am still not over my trust issues, and I don't know that it's possible to 'get over' them until you have found one person who you learn to trust. It's not happened to me yet, but I believe that it will.

If you want to talk in more detail, feel free to PM me. I'm not a therapist or anything, but I've had a similar experience and I don't charge!
source
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Trust issues are the biggest thing these days - they get worse if you dont know how to manage them.

To build trust; you have to first really want it - and understand people; some people are not aware they are lying and cheating so blatantly; no, this is no excuse for them, its just for you to understand that some people are like that, and some simply do not care for other people's feelings enough.

Trust issues with meeting new people; well, thats different. You need to convince yourself, that not everyone is the same; and to be honest, therapy is not gonna help as much as you going out there, talking to different people, people you would normally talk to, and people you normally wont talk to (yes you need to go out of your comfort zone a tiny bit if you want to change this) - experience with more people, more types of different friends will help you see how people are in life.

I used to have trust issues; but I realized everyone is so different, its not easy to just not trust someone. The bottom line for me was, just keep the people who I want in my life; sometimes I purposely kept difficult people in my life, why? because they always teach you something about yourself but maybe you dont need to go this far, just meet more people, try to be more social - in England, I feel we have a big social problem, which is causing this to happen, more and more trust issues, its not only you, trust me.

If you still feel you need to talk to someone, you can PM message me, and I can talk via email or whatever; but I really think you need to meet people, outside, not online, and build more friendships (strong ones) - for that you need to go through thick and thin with people, not just good times.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads