rthtttttttttttttttt
snowdrop965479
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by inconspicuousm3)
rthtttttttttttttttt
Depends on what it was and how long ago was it. I need this information to tell you if i think you can or not
inconspicuousm3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by luckylaurax)
Depends on what it was and how long ago was it. I need this information to tell you if i think you can or not
I was arrested at 16 for robbery I didn't commit. They just arrested everyone at the scene. I was cuationed for that and given NFA. However a few years ago I was arrested for not paying a ticket. They let me go but I had to speak into a recording saying that I didn't pay for the train.

I'm not sure if I have any record for this but I think the train incident will show up on a DBS check since the officer told me it was an offense back then. Will this affect me if I want to study biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, biotechnology or any related subject at university?
snowdrop965479
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes all of the incidents you have said above will be shown in an enhanced DBS check if you want to work directly with vulnerable people. You won't be put on the Vulnerable Adult's or Children's Barred List though. It will be of the discretion of the university if they would let you study the degree or not but it's important to be honest as it will definitely show up. You will have to appear remorseful at the interview and sorry for your actions as then they will think you have "grown up" since it was a while back. I would doubt they would give an automatic no to the degrees you have stated. However, if you wanted to study something such as medicine, nursing or if you wanted to work as a pharmacist, then you may have some trouble because these professions are coming directly into contact with vulnerable groups of people however, like i said, they may not say no since it was a while ago and they were minor offences. Hope that has answered some questions

P.S. Also the NHS has a careers helpline service, which may be able to answer your questions. The number is 0345 60 60 655 and they are open between 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday according to http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/contact-us/.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
23.07%
The paper was reasonable (346)
41.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (160)
19.32%
It was TERRIBLE (131)
15.82%

Watched Threads