really wanting a gf depreciation Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
for ages, i have really wanted a girlfriend..... having been single for nearly 2years now (by that i mean a relationship lasting less than a couple of weeks)

i dont know what im doing wrong as i keep wanting to get one but just cant seem to pull for any longer than meeting a girl in a bar or club.......... any suggestions?
db
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm guessing you mean depression

and seems like you're just looking for a relationship. I wouldn't worry about it, wait until somone you are interested in comes along, don't force it
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Buy a shirt with "FBI: Female Body Inspector" printed on the front. Trust me, chick magnet. Or if you've already got a girlfriend, a real relationship builder.

But on a serious note, I've felt like this sometimes. But I just remind myself of all the other good things I've got going, like my friends and stuff, and that I'll be at uni in a few months anyway, so an oppurtunity for a new start there to achieve things like that. And what's a few months to wait when you're a 17 year old guy? Ahem.... maybe a bad example.
Amnesia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're probably coming across as too desperate when you do meet a girl you like.
Hullabaloo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

i dont know what im doing wrong as i keep wanting to get one but just cant seem to pull for any longer than meeting a girl in a bar or club.......... any suggestions?
stop going out deliberately looking to find a girlfriend. If you stop searching things seem to fall into place naturally
mike_J
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it could of also meant desperation.
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lucyj)
stop going out deliberately looking to find a girlfriend. If you stop searching things seem to fall into place naturally
Hehe, I agree. Work on yourself and you will start to attract them.
db
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mike_J)
it could of also meant desperation.
I'm guess you mean 'could have'

good lord I'm quite the pedant tonight :|
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Girls are for fools.
Guns are for life.
mike_J
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by devilbunny)

no, of course i didnt! mike_j do not do grammar mistakes! :rolleyes:
Amnesia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just focus on improving your own life and forget about searching for girlfriends. Build up a good social life, join some sports or interest groups and try to learn new skills. That way you will gain more confidence in yourself and seem less desperate and more interesting when you do speak to girls.
Anonymous #3
Report 12 years ago
A gf depreciation would mean that girls would be going for cheap. No need to spend money on expensive meals to woo her.
JustJam2006
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by devilbunny)

:rolleyes:
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You want your girlfriend to lose value? :confused:

Anyway, "I want a girlfriend" is a bit vague and general. Anyone in particular? Seriously, leave it till there's someone you want, and go for it, and get knocked back like the rest of us, do more waiting, and repeat till suddenly you don't get knocked back any more. Don't just go out in search of "a girlfriend", because I'm sure there are plenty of those around, and they want exactly the converse, "a boyfriend", and anyone will do, regardless of whether you've just pulled them or not. The vaguest relationships are naturally the least long-lasting.

I suggest staying away from clubs and so on... that may be why you're convincing yourself you need a girlfriend, when really you don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads