The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ethereal
Firstly, that's not the law it is a ministerial code of conduct.

Secondly, nothing really stops them it is just frowned upon.

Thirdly, there is no such thing as UK Senate.

Sorry, you know what I mean though. The British senate of her majesty Queen Elizabeth the second, or whatever the fussy official title is.
jasonmraz
Sorry, you know what I mean though. The British senate of her majesty Queen Elizabeth the second, or whatever the fussy official title is.

The House of Commons :rolleyes:
Again, your all being too shallow.

If i met a nice mature good looking girl who happened to be 3 years younger than me. I wouldnt say no, i just wouldnt have sex with her...how insulting would it be to myself to deny myself a bit of happiness/fun because of a taboo.
Reply 143
The oldest I would/have gone is 24. I'm 17.

I personally wouldn't go for anyone at school, end of, simply because although they could be just a year or so younger than me my life wouldn't be anything like theres. I look at people at school now, and being at a seperate college can see a vast difference in social behaviour, attitudes and ways to enjoy themselves.

As I live away from home and have done for the past 10 or 11 months, I am used to going out, abusing my body by getting mashed and meeting crazy people who are way older than me and know loads more. I live with a 24 year old (the one I in fact once slept with) now and most of my friends are 19+. Everyone I know more or less lives away from home and/or at least has a job, has responsibilities and lives a lifestyle similar to me. No one I know whose still at school does.
Reply 144
Don't go there, please.
As hard as it might be to ignore, just don't.

The law is that you can't have sex with someone until you're both of consenting age, and that law is there for a reason whatever the debates about its suitability are.
We all know that a lot of the time this gets ignored - fair enough, if one person is 15 and one person is 16, it doesn't seem so bad. But between someone your age and someone 13/14 years old?

Yes, I know you don't have to have sex... but it does come into the equation. To be honest I wouldnt consider a Y9 to be mature enough to make decisions like that, even though many do. Any probably regret it too...

On a further note, what shared interests will you have? Realistically speaking, I just can't envisage there being much to talk about. The big barrier is puberty and adult development.
x
Reply 145
I would sleep with an underage girl but hey thats just me, i know its illegal but if its kept quiet whos going to know?
May you all rot in hell
I bet the OP wishes this thread would die!
I don't think that kind of 4 year age gap would matter at an older age, but since that's the very BRIDGE between immature and mature; it's dangerous water.
Reply 149
I do not condone underage sex. I don't mind large age gaps but over 16s with under 16s for sex in my eyes is wrong.

I base this simply on the fact I lost my virginity at barely 15 to a 19 year old and then slept with a 20 year old. For a year after I had issues with letting people touch me and trust. I still have problems today with saying no because with these guys part of me wanted to say no but they made it clear they wouldn't bother me if I did. What may seem like consenting sex may actually be far from the case...
ro-ro
I do not condone underage sex. I don't mind large age gaps but over 16s with under 16s for sex in my eyes is wrong.

I base this simply on the fact I lost my virginity at barely 15 to a 19 year old and then slept with a 20 year old. For a year after I had issues with letting people touch me and trust. I still have problems today with saying no because with these guys part of me wanted to say no but they made it clear they wouldn't bother me if I did. What may seem like consenting sex may actually be far from the case...

Like i was saying before if your in doubt and part of you is saying no, THEN SAY NO, MEAN NO, don't let people walk all over you.
Reply 151
Anonymous
May you all rot in hell

May you realise mods know who writes anonymous messages, and unmasks them and bans them if they are offensive :smile:
Reply 152
kizer
May you realise mods know who writes anonymous messages, and unmasks them and bans them if they are offensive :smile:

That's true.
ro-ro

Gosh....is there any age group you haven't slept with.

Latest

Trending

Trending