The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if you have a musical talent (like really talented in music) take it.
Reply 21
Go for Economics; it's easy and you don't have to do much work. A lot of it is commonsense. It's very well respected, even though it's not "required" for much eg. LSE puts it on their approved subject suggestion list.

I did A level economics and loved it.
Reply 22
Go with your heart! If you want to do music, then do music! Plus it'll be a nice change from all the numbers in maths and science. :wink:
Reply 23
I definitely think you should do music, everyone i know who takes it loves it, whereas many people find economics dry and mundane.

In terms of subject combintions, I think that music will actually look better than economics, even though it may be a 'stand alone' subject. After all, unis want well rounded people, so by adding an art subject to your sciences, you will be showing that you can do more than straight science.

Most importantly though, it sounds like you want to do music because you like it, so regardless of what your parents think, you will do better in a subject you want to do. So even if your parents think economics leaves better career prospects, a high grade in music will certainly do you more favours than a lower grade in economics.
Music is supposed to go very well with maths and sciences anyway. Apparently they all use the same part of the brain.
Reply 25
x_mikeski_x
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 7 AS LEVELS!!!!!??!??!?!

I'm not doing them all in one session geez...

Further AS I'm completing next year. German and Maths I did early.

And plus i'm dropping quite a few subjects as you can see.

Some of my friends are doing eight AS's - and doing 6 A2's - now they are crazy.
Reply 26
I'd personally say neither, Further Maths would be a good one as then you really do have all the well respected subjects. Plus if your doing maths and physics it will help.
If you do one (i say this losely, and comparitivley) 'doss' subject, it will worsen your application slightly, as it does no show that you know what you want to do and that you needed one more and thought what the hell.
Reply 27
music - if it is what you enjoy, then you will need it to keep you sane!

you only need 3 A levels for almost every university, and unless you want to take economics at uni, it's not worth it. most courses won't even specify which 3 you need, just grade/ucas point requirements.

check a few prospectuses if you have a course/institute in mind and see if they have any specific requirements

good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending