The Student Room Group

Oxford Materials Science Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Any post-int thoughts? :smile:

Mine was very enjoyable as a MatSci experience, but I doubt I'll get in- fairly sure the tutors did not enjoy it as much as I have. :colondollar: Anyway, the experience was worth everything I've done in preparation for it, and the conversations I had with students&applicants met in Mansfield were probably the most stimulating ones in this entire year. :biggrin: Oxford's truly a fantastic place if you're a science nut, and no rejection will change my opinion about that. Going to hope for PhD there now, I guess.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Diraculous
Any post-int thoughts? :smile:

Mine was very enjoyable as a MatSci experience, but I doubt I'll get in- fairly sure the tutors did not enjoy it as much as I have. :colondollar: Anyway, the experience was worth everything I've done in preparation for it, and the conversations I had with students&applicants met in Mansfield were probably the most stimulating ones in this entire year. :biggrin: Oxford's truly a fantastic place if you're a science nut, and no rejection will change my opinion about that. Going to hope for PhD there now, I guess.

I would have to agree, it was very fun for me! but i don't think the tutors enjoyed it much.... What date was your interview at Mansfield?
It was on Monday- the first day for Materials interviews, I believe. when was yours?
Hey guys,

I had one intrview in Trinity and one in Queens.I think it didn't go well really. And feel a bit stressed and excited to see the outcome. OMG, only 2 days left!!
It was on Monday- the first day for Materials interviews, I believe. when was yours?

Mine was on Wednesday! Also at Mansfield though. Best of luck for wed :smile:
Good luck to everyone tmr!
Reply 66
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow
Unconditional offer! Happy beyond words!
Reply 68

OMG!! Congratulations!! How? Did u do A2 last year?
Original post by EmperorD
OMG!! Congratulations!! How? Did u do A2 last year?

Yes I have. :smile:
Reply 70
Any news from Trinity?
Original post by EmperorD
Any news from Trinity?
o

Not a Trinity applicant, but I've heard they send the letters in the afternoon, so it should be coming with today's post.
Reply 72

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking what subjects and grades did you get at A2?
Reply 73
Hey there. I applied to Mansfield for Materials Science and Engineering. Although I haven't received an invitation yet, I am just curious as to how to approach the interviews and how to prepare for it. Thanks people.
Reply 74
Original post by mmdsun9
Hey there. I applied to Mansfield for Materials Science and Engineering. Although I haven't received an invitation yet, I am just curious as to how to approach the interviews and how to prepare for it. Thanks people.

My son also applied for MatSci at Oxford. Still waiting for interview decision. Heard that St Anne already sent some invites.
Let's share update here?
Reply 75
I haven't heard from Mansfield yet. I hope they will send the decisions soon.
Reply 76
I just received an email which says that I've been granted an interview over Skype. Is there anyone who can explain how it is like to be interviewed via Skype?
Reply 77
Original post by mmdsun9
I just received an email which says that I've been granted an interview over Skype. Is there anyone who can explain how it is like to be interviewed via Skype?

Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your GCSE results and GCE predictions?
Reply 78
Original post by LTL0621
Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your GCSE results and GCE predictions?

Thanks.
IGCSE- 6 A*s and 1 A
IAL- Physics A*, Chemistry A*, Mathematics A* and Further Mathematics A. I have already completed my A levels in January 2017
Reply 79
I see. thanks for the reply !

Where are your from? Why you took iAL in Jan 2017 already? Is it iAL not your school curriculum?

Quick Reply

Latest