mistakes uni's make Watch

peskymousie
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I was looking over the DMUs web site and i spotted a number of mistakes. From web design errors to inocrrect information. They also made some admin errors with info they sent me.

So out of interest what things have you spotted as you look arround?
NickiM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got an email from a very prestigious university with spelling and grammar mistakes, made me laugh really!
nikki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have a prospectus which lists a degree in "Computig" in big letters, but that's all so far.
gianthead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On my university website it says 'Animal Mathematics' where it should just be 'Mathematics'. The tutor says it's just a copy pasting error and the 'Animal come from 'Animal Behaviour'.
ladyportacabin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My rejection letter from Cambridge had spelling mistakes in it, from the Head of English!
peskymousie
lol. thanks guys you made me laugh. I wonder what others have spotted.
she
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ladyportacabin)
My rejection letter from Cambridge had spelling mistakes in it, from the Head of English!

you should have corrected it and sent it back

The course's website I applied to for next year had loads of mistakes in it too. It makes you feel a bit uncertain about the university ...
peskymousie
i feel better knowing that they do make mistakes. They are human and basically i see the funny side of it so it makes me less nervous about going there.
Shreerac1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by peskymousie)
i feel better knowing that they do make mistakes. They are human and basically i see the funny side of it so it makes me less nervous about going there.
Did you previously think that they would be you or something if you made a mistake?
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just wait till you finally get to university - there's a lot more **** ups to come...!
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My mum was appalled at spelling and grammar mistakes in a letter I got from Cambridge
NickiM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, the email I got which I wrote about above was from Cambridge!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.8%
No (646)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.49%

Watched Threads