lost purse in night club - chances of getting it back? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
didnt really know where to put this thread so sorry if its in the wrong place. i lost my purse in a night club last night, what do you guys think the chances are of me getting it back? im going to ring them today and see if anything has been handed in. have any of you lot had something similar happen to them? and what was the outcome?
Dave.B
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
- not good

sowwwy
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Had mates leave things in cloakrooms/lose stuff in there ... depends on the club and how pikey the workers are. I know alot of promoters and managers of clubs and bars though from my time as bar manager in nottingham so I can generally get my stuff back iif i lose it, cos they search the staff lol
Shreerac1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You knew where to post, but you choose here so you could post anon to hide embarrasment.
ladyportacabin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I left mine in a pub once, went back the next day and some lovely person had handed it in with all the money still in there. Reaffirms your faith in humanity.
scary_mary
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
mmm there are some good people in this world. but unfortunately theres alot more bad people.

my mate did the same thing, but luckily most of it was given in, she just contacted everywhere she went repeatedly and it was a slow process but worthwhile.
Gem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Little chance I'm afraid, but you never know, you might get a nice surprise.

But, if you had cards in there you should phone the bank to cancel them asap, just in case - I've had to do is so many times for my brother.
coolico
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I worked in what was seen as the 'classiest' bar in lincoln (city i live in,) and in all the time i worked their we onlyever returned 1 item to its owner, a jacket. The chance that hard cash is still in the wallet, even if it was handed is almost non-existant. Sorry.
Chase Me
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I worked in a club for almost a year, and if anything was handed in or found by staff we would do all we could to contact the owner or track them down. However, a purse could easily have been picked up, perhaps on purpose by someone other than its rightful owner, and I know a lot of clubs just keep whatever they find and claim ignorance if anyone asks.
NViasko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
didnt really know where to put this thread so sorry if its in the wrong place. i lost my purse in a night club last night, what do you guys think the chances are of me getting it back? im going to ring them today and see if anything has been handed in. have any of you lot had something similar happen to them? and what was the outcome?
Why on earth are you chosen to conceal your identity?

On topic, very little unless the staff have it. Whoever got hold of it may have have taken the money and dumped your wallet in the bin.
hanadeka2002
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm,I once had my purse robbed from me in a pub(this was last September)....a few weeks ago someone came to me at work and said they had found my ID(which was in the purse)....
Theresa Smells
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cherrychocolate)
Hmm,I once had my purse robbed from me in a pub(this was last September)....a few weeks ago someone came to me at work and said they had found my ID(which was in the purse)....
What and you reckon they nicked it?
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why the f***ing need for Anon with this?
thePhantom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not really much hope - although it depends on the type of club (do you get pikeys in there a lot etc) ...

I've left a shirt in a cloakroom over the weekend (went back and the daytime staff got if for me)...

ive left a jacket in a bar - gone back a few hours later - it was on the foor, but where I left it ...

I've lost a phone in a club - found the battery and casing on the floor - the DJ announced it on the system, and someone handed it back after a while!
by-torslayshisfoe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't expect anything back. :rolleyes:

If you find money and cannot trace the owner, you're legally entitled to keep it.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Babe, a couple weeks ago my luggage was stolen with over 2 grand worth of items in there, and it was a huge MOFO suitcase. Couldn't miss it if you tried. Still hasn't been 'found' yet!

I have been waiting almost a month now, still no reply from Greyhound (Australian coach service, utterly pathetic. If you're looking for a decent coach company google Murrays instead, they reimburse for more than a measly $500).

Anyway hope someone out there is kind enough to hand it in, I found a wallet once and that was the first thing I did but some people aren't like that and suck these days.

Best of luck, DB. And keep ringing the night club!
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've always handed stuff back I've found, but I left my bag at a club once (don't ask) and inside it was my drivers licence which had my address on it. About a week later some of the contents were anonymously mailed to me, minus the cash from my wallet and my mobile of course. It could have been worse...but then it could have been so much better too. I had the locks changed regardless
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42.42%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
40.91%

Watched Threads