The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Amnesia
You might be generally correct, but he makes a serious point. What guy is to know whether the girl is not going to wake-up the next morning and decide that she didn't actually give consent? It is not so rare as to not happen at all. The way the law is at the moment he could find himself going to prison with little or no evidence against him.

And how exactly would this hold legally? "That's right, I didn't consent to the sex, but that was the best night's sleep I've had in years, so I couldn't call straight away..." Besides, anyone could do this to anyone. Surely the police are used to it by now? If you don't consent to it, you damn well don't go into their house, have sex in their bed, sleep on it then call the police. :p:
Ah, but it's not as common as many would have you believe either.

Going to bed with a stranger has all kinds of risks, that's just one of them. I'd hope that one is fully aware of these before they go up to the bedroom.

Like I said, it does happen, and it's a low and nasty thing to do, presumably to deal with her own guilt about what she'd done the night before. But, no, we won't ever need consent forms and all that. So to say so, and make assumptions about the female population, well, it really grinds my gears.

And it really does sound like Richard 'Twatface' Littlejohn's lies and hyperbole school of journalism.
Reply 42
generalebriety
And how exactly would this hold legally? "That's right, I didn't consent to the sex, but that was the best night's sleep I've had in years, so I couldn't call straight away..." Besides, anyone could do this to anyone. Surely the police are used to it by now? If you don't consent to it, you damn well don't go into their house, have sex in their bed, sleep on it then call the police. :p:

Unfortunately, there is a lot of pressure on the police and legal system to take ANY rape allegations seriously. So even if there seems to be very little evidence cases are now starting to find there way to court. Nowadays rape cases often come down to one persons word against another with little other evidence. The governement is so desperate to increase the conviction rate that it doesn't seem to care about the fact that there is often little or no evidence to support certain rape allegations.

dogtanian
Like I said, it does happen, and it's a low and nasty thing to do, presumably to deal with her own guilt about what she'd done the night before. But, no, we won't ever need consent forms and all that. So to say so, and make assumptions about the female population, well, it really grinds my gears.

The way things are going we will eventually need consent forms! The fact is that although it dosen't happen often, it does happen enough for men to be concerned. Who knows whether you are sleeping with the next women who decides she feels guilty and that she didn't give consent? Like any crime there is always a risk of false allegations and the way the government is going in terms of trying to increase convictions- all men are going to have to start having signed consent. Have you seen any of those posters telling men to get consent or they could end up in prison?
Well, you think you'll need consent forms, I think it's a ludicrous and reactionary, erm, overreaction, personally. I don't think we'll be agreeing on this one.
Reply 44
Only 1 in 20 people accused of rape get sentenced/convicted, compared to 1 in 4, 10 years ago.

The amount of allegations by women who are drunk and have sex willingly when they are drunk and then in the morning cry rape is getting ridiculous. Of course a women's allegations if they were drunk that night hardly ever stand up in court and is easily quashed by the defence as unreliable, unless there is forensic evidence to show that the man forced her to have sex.

If the women was drunk and cannot remember due to that the exact circumstances with any kind of certainity, it will be thrown out of court. Another waste of taxpayers and CPS time.

If women don't want to lay themselves open to being 'raped' don't get so drunk and become so vulnerable! Go out with friends you trust and will look after you no matter what and just be sensible! Then you probably won't do something you might regret in the morning.

This is no excuse however for the scum that do actually rape women of course.

Graham
Reply 45
gbduo
The amount of allegations by women who are drunk and have sex willingly when they are and then in the morning cry rape is getting ridiculous.

Agreed.
Reply 46
I personally don't think one night stands are a good idea, cos of all the reasons stated.

But if you're sober and she's not you mmight be taking advantage and that's wrong. She might accuse you of rape, do you want to run the risk? Then again, she may not cos a ridiculously small amount of cases of rape get taken to court.

Finally, does anyone else think the OP is just taking the mick?!
Have you seen any of those posters telling men to get consent or they could end up in prison?

You mean non-consensual sex is illegal?!? No way!!
Reply 48
more adventurous
You mean non-consensual sex is illegal?!? No way!!

I suppose I could have phrased that a bit better! :redface:
Anthonyjm71
No but it is not right if she is to take advantage of her!!

Drunken consent is consent nonetheless in law
Reply 50
B_e_x
No really, that is a good idea. Because a lot of girls, if theyre drunk, may cry rape in the morning!

Define 'a lot'.
(i.e: a 'majority', a large 'minority', percentages etc and provide sources.)
Sleeping around is disgusting behaviour. Nuff said
Reply 52
Timeslikethese
Sleeping around is disgusting behaviour. Nuff said

Well, it's not something I indulge in or endorse* but I think it would be kind of arrogant of me to assume that my approval is either required, or indeed desired.

(*Being a good Catholic girl but then some people go further and maintain that sex before marriage means an eternity in hell. Out of curiosity, that's not a belief you subscribe to, is it? EDIT: Not something I subscribe to - just certain nutty teachers at the rather strange Catholic schools my parents sent me to.)
No, only ugly girls are allowed to be taken home for sex (presumably where you have access to your paper bag). Rules demand that fit ones be seen to then and there.
Fluent in Lies
No, only ugly girls are allowed to be taken home for sex (presumably where you have access to your paper bag). Rules demand that fit ones be seen to then and there.

rofl
Reply 55
Fluent in Lies

To whom are you responding?
BellaCat
To whom are you responding?

Your mum. / Thread Starter
wesetters
Spoilsport.

and very wrong. sex is fun and variety is the spice of life :smile:
Sex should only be permitted once a year - and done through a hole in a curtain.
Reply 59
Fluent in Lies
Your mum. / Thread Starter

OK overreaction

Je suis desolee.

Latest

Trending

Trending