Turn on thread page Beta

Problems when going to the toilet... watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I had this a few years ago. I had all the same symptoms that you've described but I was too embarassed to tell anyone so I suffered in silence for a week or two. Not the best plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Should i still go to the doctor tomorrow?
    nothing wrong with a checkup... all he can tell you is that it is or it isnt cystitus

seems to be pretty much back to normal now, thanks to those sachets i think. superdrug rocks.

i'm still drinking lots and will go to the doctor if there's any pain tomorrow, but at the moment no pain and no blood.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know the blood is due to a higher than normal blood flow to your bladder. Cystitis is inflammation of the bladder and where there's inflammation there's increased blood flow and so some will come through in your urine. I've got cystitis just now too, best thing to hlp you feel better is sit and drink a full pint of water and then try to avoid going for a pee as long as possibl, I always find that when I do go it's a huge relief and prevents the need for a doctors appointment. Although if the infection is more severe the the doctors it is!

ReputationRep:
    Well I ignored it and drank the sachets and cranberry etc and it got so bad that I ended up in hospital with kidney infection. So go see the doctor!!!

u sure u aint come on and not realised

ReputationRep:
    She's not stupid ^^^^

Did you go to the docs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segat1)
    Well I ignored it and drank the sachets and cranberry etc and it got so bad that I ended up in hospital with kidney infection. So go see the doctor!!!
    I didn't suggest ignoring it, I just said that there are ways to get relief without going to the doctors for antibiotics. I know that it is possible to get kidney infections this way and I wasn't implying that it is something unimportant or anything. Sorry to have caused any offence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piglet384)
    I didn't suggest ignoring it, I just said that there are ways to get relief without going to the doctors for antibiotics. I know that it is possible to get kidney infections this way and I wasn't implying that it is something unimportant or anything. Sorry to have caused any offence!
    I know you didn't say to ignore it! I was just saying if it gets bad to def go to the docs. As she's never had this before I think she needs to. Why are people so reluctant to go to the doctors?

ReputationRep:
    It's probably cystitis (or UTI as we call it in the States).
    I've had two in my life, and they had completely different symptoms. I ended up having the second one for over a week until I got treated because the symptoms were so different--I thought it was period cramps!

So definitely go to the doctor. Don't rely on cranberry juice. The doctor gave me an antibiotic and it was gone in 24 hours.

Might it be a sexually transmitted infection?

ReputationRep:
    It's probebly a water infection.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.