The Student Room Group

Economics BA or Economics and Politics BA? Please help.

Hey guys I'm currently applying for university and I'm having a very stressful dilemma. I didn't do A-level maths and this has severely restricted my choices so I've been leaning towards doing Economics and Politics at university. I don't think this degree is as well regarded as straight Economics however and at the end of the day university is pointless without gaining employment at the end. In addition I can apply for better universities with a greater chance of being accepted if I do the joint honors, although I still may be able to get into Exeter doing straight economics.

I really need to decide as I have to change my personal statement accordingly and this is quite stressful. I'm not a huge fan of maths as well and although I got an A at GCSE I'm unsure if I could cope at Uni, even if many places help you out.
Thanks for any advice :smile:

P.S: God only knows why Politics is spelled so bizarrely in the title for this thread, not sure if it was a typo, a glitch or my browsers just being odd :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Honestly, if you don't like maths then don't do an economics degree. You'll spend a lot of time doing maths, which is a quick way to make yourself very miserable...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending