The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Quady
£1,800 then?

I didn't ask for a list of things, I asked for a price.

School alone would be close to £10000, I'm counting free meals in.
Reply 481
Original post by Ggmu!
Tut tut British people are extremely accepting. Have you lived here? It's beautiful, I love being here, it's a fantastic place to live. Like every country, it has some issued with racism, but Britain has quite a fair society imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I haven't lived there. I've been there for several days and I could say that was enough. I do not know from where you are, but I would never change Romania for UK. I would never choose to live among hypocrites and ignorant people. The hell with their money. The hell with their circus and financial games. The only thing they care about is the money. They have no real values.
Reply 482
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
The assumption here is that they leave before they are old enough to rely on the NHS, of which there is no proof of.

If they are old enough and they did worked legally paying taxes, they have the legal right for benefits.

The second assumption is that work a normal job and pay taxes and you would have to be incredibly naive to not think that such an influx of people would not bring with them an influx of organised crime.

So basically, britain seems to a f...heaven where no crimes are committed or at least where no native british are doing crimes.

You think this is an unfounded and racial stereotype? Everyday when I'm going to get the train, I'm constantly seeing romanian beggers using their children. I go past these sleazy massage places run by Bulgarians.

Yes, of course most of them aren't like that, but the point is, some will be and so long as some are, that is a massive negative that will defeat the insignificant small positive value the other ones will bring.

How the f... you know how much positive or negative value the Romanian and Bulgarian immigration will bring? You're dreaming about that during the night? Or?

The sad thing is, because this is the student room with a lack of real working class people on here, with parents who aren't actually builders trying to compete with a guy who shares a room with 7 other people so they can afford to work ridiculously cheap, then you don't see a problem, you're not personally affected by it.

Invite your stuffed parents to live with 6 other stuffed british in the same room. That could be a solution. Don't you think? And by the way....have you been in every house where people from other countries are living. I see that you know a lot of things, you great and superior creature. I can only see the disgusting superiority in your disgusting speech.

But let me tell you something, a lot of working class people are. So stop pretending that it's only right wing bigots opposed to this. I'm left wing, I'm working class, and I'm sick to death of middle class people painting this false positive image of bringing a bunch of unskilled people in an already overly populated country.

How do you define "unskilled people"?
Original post by tzili
So basically, britain seems to a f...heaven where no crimes are committed or at least where no native british are doing crimes.
How the f... you know how much positive or negative value the Romanian and Bulgarian immigration will bring? You're dreaming about that during the night? Or?

So there's already crime in Britain, so it's okay for more crime to happen. :rolleyes:

How about rather than trying to swear or patronise me, you use some logic.

I said, with a massive influx of people, it is inevitable that there will be some, of course not all, criminals among them. The majority of those hard working people coming from these countries are applying for 'unskilled' work like cleaning. The contributions they will give by tax, therefore, will be dwarfed by the criminal activities of the others.

Invite your stuffed parents to live with 6 other stuffed british in the same room. That could be a solution. Don't you think? And by the way....have you been in every house where people from other countries are living.

So my parents should live with 6 other people in a room to compete with the new workers? Please tell me again how the influx of new people are therefore benefiting britains if your suggestion is for people to do this.

I see that you know a lot of things, you great and superior creature.
I can only see the disgusting superiority in your disgusting speech.

Welcome to TSR. Here, when you attempt to debate, you're not simply meant to quote someone with insults riddiled with your outraged emotions that someone may not agree with you, you attempt to counteract their points using logic in order to convince them otherwise.
Reply 484
So there's already crime in Britain, so it's okay for more crime to happen. :rolleyes:

How about rather than trying to swear or patronise me, you use some logic.

I said, with a massive influx of people, it is inevitable that there will be some, of course not all, criminals among them. The majority of those hard working people coming from these countries are applying for 'unskilled' work like cleaning. The contributions they will give by tax, therefore, will be dwarfed by the criminal activities of the others.

Go back to school and learn about things like percentage and weight. If a native population has a certain percentage of criminals, you can consider that on a medium term (1-2 years), the additional foreign population will bring a similar percentage of criminals. Even if your superior ass would consider that all the foreigners have a potentially criminal mindset more developed than the Aryan british, the percentage of those people is insignificant compared to the native majority which of course, they are all angels descended directly from heaven. Your lack of basic judgment makes me sick!

So my parents should live with 6 other people in a room to compete with the new workers? Please tell me again how the influx of new people are therefore benefiting britains if your suggestion is for people to do this.

No. My suggestion was to use your own brain, and not to speak as a repeater of your greedy media. My suggestion was to not judge the things by appearances and by clichés.

Welcome to TSR. Here, when you attempt to debate, you're not simply meant to quote someone with insults riddiled with your outraged emotions that someone may not agree with you, you attempt to counteract their points using logic in order to convince them otherwise.

And tell me....where was your logic in your words? Where were the arguments?
Reply 485
Original post by CEKTOP
Please tell me what exactly do these people contribute to the UK economy. A family with 2 adults and a child is a total liability for the state unless it belongs to the middle class due to the various tax breaks, child benefits and free services these people receive. In the current job market it is becoming increasingly hard for the average British person to find a job - why would anybody support an influx of people that are willing to lower the wages of the working class and rob people of the jobs they deserve?

Why is a family of 2 adults and a child a total liability to the state?
Reply 486
Original post by Xtasyy
Why is a family of 2 adults and a child a total liability to the state?

If both of them work work for minimum wage they would be entitled to a number of benefits and tax credits. Their contribution would be marginal and would never cover the cost of educating their child in the state school system.
Reply 487
Original post by CEKTOP
If both of them work work for minimum wage they would be entitled to a number of benefits and tax credits. Their contribution would be marginal and would never cover the cost of educating their child in the state school system.

Non EU migrants are not allowed any sort of benefits (except asylum seekers). Many restrictions and harsh requirements apply to them to come here. For example, In order for a family of two where one of them is British to live in the UK, they need to earn at least £18,600 a year plus £2,400 for any additional child (there are other requirements too). The kids if any are half British, I hope you don't mind if they go to a state school.

For the EU migrants who have kids; some of them despite paying their taxes, send their kids to private schools (there are more than you may think). The government save money in this case, don't they? The same principles apply to those who don't and will not have children in the UK.
If an employer has chosen to pay the minimum wage to an EU migrant over a British, he surely has done that to make more profit. As the profit is later taxed, the economic contribution of the migrant is therefore more than it may seem. If there is someone to blame in this situation, it is certainly not the migrant. If we leave the EU, I don't think employers will start paying a decent wage to British people, don't be fooled by that. They may even start abusing the illegal immigrants further.

Also children's education should not depend on whether their parents contribute enough to the economy or not. I am sure you would agree that in the long term education is a good investment.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CEKTOP

There are just as many 'natives' in this situation as immigrants, and they're still allowed to live here. I doubt many people in the UK can afford to pay the full cost of education, that's why we have state education.
I get the impression that Tzili is the kind of person people hate even when they agree with him. Just that kind of person.
Reply 490
Original post by member841230
Ignore it.

The UK overwhelmingly benefits from immigration. Even if they did want to do something to reduce it, what would you propose? Leaving the EU would be madness.

how does the average worker benefit from it then or do you mean it benefits the rich etc maybe your right there
Reply 491
Original post by KimKallstrom
I get the impression that Tzili is the kind of person people hate even when they agree with him. Just that kind of person.

Well, on my side I do not discriminate. I hate everybody equally :rolleyes:
Reply 492
Could someone tell me how many Romanians have crossed the borders by now? :smile: 1 million? 2 millions? :rolleyes:
I assume they are already crawling everywhere, hiding in the shadows...lurking....waiting... thirsty and hungry....ready to attack the poor indigenous people. :horse:
(edited 10 years ago)
The way to solve this problem is simple. Everyone and their dog wants to come to this country. This country is not big enough for so many people.... soo we invade a country and put the new immigrants into this new annexe to prosper under our flag. I'm thinking Iraq and Afghanistan.
Reply 494
Original post by WarriorInAWig
The way to solve this problem is simple. Everyone and their dog wants to come to this country. This country is not big enough for so many people.... soo we invade a country and put the new immigrants into this new annexe to prosper under our flag. I'm thinking Iraq and Afghanistan.

Exactly! The whole planet wants to go to UK. Could you believe that? It's a miracle!

PS: You can't invade Iraq. The US did that already. Pick another one :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tzili
Exactly! The whole planet wants to go to UK. Could you believe that? It's a miracle!

Tbh, I don't understand why people aren't chomping at the bit to have their own place and acres of land in the hinterland of Russia. Although Britain has many positives, why get swamped on the Tube every day when you can work and live in a vast, mostly unspoilt country.
Reply 496
Original post by WarriorInAWig
Tbh, I don't understand why people aren't chomping at the bit to have their own place and acres of land in the hinterland of Russia. Although Britain has many positives, why get swamped on the Tube every day when you can work and live in a vast, mostly unspoilt country.

Build a bigger Tube. Think positive! :rolleyes:
Reply 497
Before the invasion, everybody was afraid and concerned, crying desperately all over. Now, nobody says nothing. I wonder why. :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ace123
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/444985/150-000-say-no-to-EU-migrants-Daily-Express-readers-demand-block-on-migration-tidal-wave

The petition has passed 150,000 signatures in only 3 weeks. On the government epetition website you only have to get 100,000 in a year to go to Parliament.

Is it now time for Parliament to deal with this issue or will they just ignore it

How does one have an issue with Romanian or Bulgarian immigration but not Pakitani/ Indian/ Bengali immigration? ... And that's coming from an Asian
Reply 499
Original post by blitterflicker
How does one have an issue with Romanian or Bulgarian immigration but not Pakitani/ Indian/ Bengali immigration? ... And that's coming from an Asian

Look at the post date.

Latest

Trending

Trending