?
Report 6 years ago
Not what I know of...
EllyJelly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It doesn't happen. The competitive nature of UCL courses mean that if you've missed your offer, they can't accept you. All the more incentive to work for those grades :P
Pedd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sure that it happens for the courses with a closer-to-average application rate (check the prospectus - any with 6-8 applications per place are generally average I think).

Medicine or law? No chance.
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Pedd)
I'm sure that it happens for the courses with a closer-to-average application rate (check the prospectus - any with 6-8 applications per place are generally average I think).

Medicine or law? No chance.
How about psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
goonermk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have known 6 people that got offers from UCL. 4 of them missed their offers and didn't get in. 2 achieved the offers, and got in.

None of the courses were law or medicine. Don't think UCL are lenient at all. Then again, they don't have to be.
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by goonermk)
I have known 6 people that got offers from UCL. 4 of them missed their offers and didn't get in. 2 achieved the offers, and got in.

None of the courses were law or medicine. Don't think UCL are lenient at all. Then again, they don't have to be.
I guess. I'll just apply and pray for the best. Won't put all my hopes on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know two guys who got in, one missed his offer by two grades, in his defense he begged :p: But it's possible, just don't bank on it, the chances are you'll be dissapointed
Pedd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Use http://unistats.org/ to check the individual UCAS points of your course's students. It's not a perfect science, but you can see whether people were let in with the equivalent of a less than standard application!
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pedd)
Use http://unistats.org/ to check the individual UCAS points of your course's students. It's not a perfect science, but you can see whether people were let in with the equivalent of a less than standard application!
says 3% were let in with my ucas points so i still have a tiny glimpse of hope
Ivanka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did get in despite missing an offer by one grade in a key subject, but the faculty where I study (SELCS) is generally very competitive (1 in 9 applicants receive an offer, I think)
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ivanka)
I did get in despite missing an offer by one grade in a key subject, but the faculty where I study (SELCS) is generally very competitive (1 in 9 applicants receive an offer, I think)
well done
tiffany_wu888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i know someone who missed their IB offer and still got in though last year (for law)
infairverona
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I missed my offer for law, got rejected. They said if I reapplied next year it was more likely they would let me in but I went in the last year of 3k fees so wasn't worth it for me.
username3003686
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know this is an old thread by can we please bring this back cuz im in this same position right now
any more recent success stories of people getting into UCL despite missing their offers by a grade??
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kqsruno)
I know this is an old thread by can we please bring this back cuz im in this same position right now
any more recent success stories of people getting into UCL despite missing their offers by a grade??
I'm on a science course and UCL and in my first year, people who just missed their offers were accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username3003686
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Moonstruck16)
I'm on a science course and UCL and in my first year, people who just missed their offers were accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg I could literally cry right now thank you for not being one of those people that are just like "lol you dont stand a chance" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you for the hope!!

May I ask how many years ago you applied?
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
omg I could literally cry right now thank you for not being one of those people that are just like "lol you dont stand a chance" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you for the hope!!

May I ask how many years ago you applied?
I started in 2014.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meowcake
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you an A level student? Do you think you will miss your offer come results day because surely you don't know if you have yet?
bj1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Missed by one grade and still didn't get in for biology, then again it was my insurance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (8)
8.25%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (10)
10.31%
No, but maybe I will look into it (24)
24.74%
No and I wouldn't consider it (55)
56.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed