Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why are you picking on words?! It is the "Old system used for injection" as now practically every new card since about 1994 has had some form of SPI, MPI or direct injection. The fact that it is still used in other areas apart from typically road going cars is neither here nor there. If I asked "what are drum brakes" I would be happily told that they are the "old braking system" even if they are in reality, even if not as a matter of fact.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i know...sorry mate, long and stressful day! Nout personal!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    Good Not about your day, but good nothing is personal

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get away without using the choke in this weather? think it might be easier!!!!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Usually but depends on the engine, how long it has been stood, whether it is wet, how good your petrol is etc. etc. but generally for the summer months it is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1895)
    Does anyone have a car with a manual choke. Ive recently passed my test and bought my 1st car. Finding the manual choke very hard to get used to in the mornings and when the car is cold. Just looking for anyone else who's in the same situation.
    yes i driving a 84 model mazda 323, lots of spluttering,stalling and it runs very rough

Name:  mazda323 (2).jpg
Views: 109
Size:  98.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Ive just bought an old mini which has a choke. I do pull it out in the mornings but still takes a while to start. my friend says its just how they are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaneyMoore)
    Ive just bought an old mini which has a choke. I do pull it out in the mornings but still takes a while to start. my friend says its just how they are?
    Probably needs a service. Replace points and spark plugs, and might as well do the HT lead and spark plug leads while you're at it unless you know if any of them have been done recently. Air filter too. My '68 Morris Minor with the same engine would start on the button whatever the weather with a bit of choke.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.