The Student Room Group

Got a U in my recent mock - Crime and Deviance

Well basically I got a U in my mock on Crime and Deviance. The questions were relating to labelling theory and the Marxist perspective of Crime.
I was wondering if any of you have any revision material that is useful for this topic, please feel free to inbox me.
Also if any of you have an essay structure that is useful please let me know as my teacher keeps telling me I never include enough points and concepts, I also hardly give criticisms.
Any advice on essays in general is also welcome.
Thanks.
Reply 1
If you're doing aqa then the course text book was really good when I did sociology a level!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariya101
Well basically I got a U in my mock on Crime and Deviance. The questions were relating to labelling theory and the Marxist perspective of Crime.
I was wondering if any of you have any revision material that is useful for this topic, please feel free to inbox me.
Also if any of you have an essay structure that is useful please let me know as my teacher keeps telling me I never include enough points and concepts, I also hardly give criticisms.
Any advice on essays in general is also welcome.
Thanks.

inbox me your email and i'll send you a bunch of revision material. are you also doing beliefs?
Reply 3
Aah I did this exam paper for my ACTUAL exam and got a U so don't stress.. AQA are idiots when it comes to marking
I have a list of topics you need to know for Crime and Deviance on my website - maybe check you have a complete set of notes?

Vicki-Marie
Social Science Tutor
www.socialsciencetutor.co.uk
Reply 5
My teacher tends to make these note booklets using the A2 Moore book; the information you get is brilliantly detailed and gives you just what you need to do well (although my teacher goes and adds stuff in, so you might need to come up with your own examples if the Moore book doesn't give you any) Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by teaseball
AQA are idiots when it comes to marking

Ah good, someone agrees with me. Took 2 bloody remarks of my Unit 1 to get up from a C to an A -_-
Reply 6
Original post by Mzeykinns
My teacher tends to make these note booklets using the A2 Moore book; the information you get is brilliantly detailed and gives you just what you need to do well (although my teacher goes and adds stuff in, so you might need to come up with your own examples if the Moore book doesn't give you any) Hope this helps :smile:

Ah good, someone agrees with me. Took 2 bloody remarks of my Unit 1 to get up from a C to an A -_-

Hahah! They are aren't they!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending