Turn on thread page Beta

girlfriend had breast-reduction op behind my back watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Where was it stated as a joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solon)
    I can't believe the naivety of a lot of the feministic *****es in this thread. Screw you guys.

and although it's a joke it's shown that there needs to be a discussion about how female nazis are about to ruin society. Damn right.
    legend.

ReputationRep:
    I find it hilarious that the OP changed their profile picture once they got that negative comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    I find it hilarious that the OP changed their profile picture once they got that negative comment.
    I noticed that too, tickled me! Shouldn't care what others think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire8424)
    I noticed that too, tickled me! Shouldn't care what others think.
    You look like a bloke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    You look like a bloke.
    Lmfao - it's a picture of James Dean (legend)

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the OP bashing?

If my girlfriend wanted to have the operation done, I'd be more than happy to support her (although I would miss her breasts as they are). However, if she didn't even mention it to me I would feel rather put out.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    I feel for the OP, I mean I would hate it if my gf, with her lovely large pair of breasts went and had an op behind my back with even asking me for my permission, I would be furious. At the end of the day, the OP is going to be the one who is sleeping with her, and if he feels her breasts are not adequately attractive anymore, he should end the relationship.
    PERMISSION!?!?!?!?!?!

- repped.

(Original post by solon)
    I can't believe the naivety of a lot of the feministic *****es in this thread. Screw you guys.

and although it's a joke it's shown that there needs to be a discussion about how female nazis are about to ruin society. Damn right.

Haha. Damn right. i think the OP should stop opening jars for his girlfriend from now on.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to personality?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by foxo)
    It brings in some intriguing questions, though. Who did she do it for? Did she feel her boyfriend disliked her breasts? Or, was it to attract someone else? Was it to do with the attraction of others or was it a narcissistic decision? She obviously never expected it to go unnoticed if she was willing to pay a gross sum for it. And then, you also have to ask, if it's her body and it's fine what she does with it then would he not have a right to discuss it if she wanted a sex change or another significant type of cosmetic surgery? Would it be unfair for her boyfriend to object in every scenario or is it just unfair with regard to breast reduction? Surely the input from someone who [probably] spends time ogling her breasts would have been appreciated!
    Most people who get breast reductions do it because their breasts are uncomfortable or painful. It's rarely to do with attracting someone or narcissism...

Why do you ask "who did she do it for"? Why does it have to be for someone (and presumably by that you meant a man)? Most likely, it's for herself.

As regards to a sex change, discussion (as in getting their input and factoring it into your decision) is not necessary. *Telling* your partner is. (But you couldn't really have a sex change behind someone's back, since it's a gradual change.) And then they can decide if they still want to be with you.

ReputationRep:
    Chewwy is a joker, you know any thread he starts isnt serious :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clyn)
    Agreeing with AT82 here, it's bugger all to do with you pally-boy, it's not as if you're her husband and she's paying for it with the joint savings account or anything. Stop being such a bloody drama queen.
    he's not being a drama queen.....you would have thought she would have discussed it with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirly)
    Why should she have consulted you about it? It's her body and she can do what she wants with it.
    It's a relationship, which has the basis of trust and everything should be talked about. You'd be lieing if your bf pierced eyebrow without even asking what you would think about it...

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to personality?
    The point isnt that her boobs are now smaller, its that she DIDNT TELL HIM.

Pillock.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me that thinks the OP was saying this bothered him as it seems like a trust issue, instead of the fact that she didn't consult him about it like everyone seems to be flaying him for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruit-cake)
    The point isnt that her boobs are now smaller, its that she DIDNT TELL HIM.

Pillock.
    Actually some people have stated about looks.

Of course I know it was a betrayal of trust, apparantely this is all a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leigh)
    Is it just me that thinks the OP was saying this bothered him as it seems like a trust issue, instead of the fact that she didn't consult him about it like everyone seems to be flaying him for?
    Yeah damn straight.

maybe everyones just being muppetish tonight :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Actually some people have stated about looks.

Of course I know it was a betrayal of trust, apparantely this is all a joke.
    Its got to be, all his threads are lol.

I remember he created a thread about pulling Chantelle from BB :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm was this a thread a joke or not? i couldn't be ars*d to read all the bickering posts but saw something along those lines above.

if it was a joke (and only my opinions)...if she talked to it and u disapproved and so she did it behind your back, it probably says more about u, (same goes for it she did it bcos she knew you'd discourage her). if she flat out didn't tell u, then there seems to be a lack of communication. y should it put a strain on the relationship tho? if it's bcos of the trust/coms thing then fair enough-if it's bcos she now has smaller boobs, then that' just stupid. if she's like me, then they probably cause a fair amount of pain and discomfort.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.