Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what a *****

ReputationRep:
    In response to OP - maybe your possessive attitude is why she did not tell you? It's her life, her body. You have no rights to her, she lets you have access but she can withdraw that at any time. If she wants to do something like this, you maybe have to wonder what you are doing wrong that you feel so hurt by her decision.... let her be happy, and be happy with the decisions she makes. You don't own her.

I know i wouldn't want to be in a relationship where my girlfriend would go and have a major operation without telling me.

Girl: "where have you been for the past 2 days?"
    Bloke: "i've just had a heart transplant. whats it to you?"
    Girl: "why on earth didn't you tell me?"
    Bloke: "Cause its nothing to do with you *****. It's my body! I'll do what i want!" <drops the nut>

wow! What a trusting relationship that must be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eccentric Man)
    Even though its hard to believe; a relationship does not revolve around breasts, and unless you somehow use her tits as some weird sex-toy i cannot see why she should have told you! You're dating her for her personality, yeh? Not her "personality"
    An example to us all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm was sure a few days ago he had posted a thread about a girl he fancied and how he didn't know whether to touch her.... lol .... five days later and he has a serious relationsip!

ReputationRep:
    Chewwy, you should really be ashamed of yourself for joking about something like this. I'm surprised someone with your mental age has the ability to use a computer. Same goes for everyone who made comments along the lines of 'huhuhuh. Big boobies.'

At least make an effort to evolve.

ReputationRep:
    I know what the OP means but if she had told you you probably would have protested strongly discouraged it she probably left you out of it to avoid all that hassle.

i think the reason the op is as upset as he is, [imo] is not because of she dropped a bra size or whatever, its because he thought he was in a serious relationship, were you tell your partner about major decisions in your life, and i dont think we've passed the stage were cosmetic surgery is not a major change/step (unless your friends with Lea...by now im sure you'd be quite bored) ...yeah, err anyway, so no matter what his girlfriend's reason was for not telling him, whether it be the (anticipated) hassle of trying to convince him, avoiding an arguement or thinking it had nothin to do with him...i know if i was in what i considered to be a serious relationship where she was about to have any type of surgery, id definately want to be told first, not necessarily asked, but it would be nice to know that she wanted to know my opinion, or valued my relationship with her enough to let me know about it...and the fact that she didnt tell you, says quite a lot.

if i got told this

It's my life, my body.
    id tell her she could go enjoy it on her own too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joce)
    Why would this put a strain on your relationship?? is it the fact that she didnt tell you or the fact her breasts has been reduced?? sorry if that seemed harsh. Either way it was not a decision that was anything to do with you really. if they were big enough to cause discomfort then maybe a reduction was a good thing.
    Either way it was not a decision that was anything to do with you?! Well maybe the decision wasn't but surely talking about things that concern you is part of any healthy relationship. Especially something like surgery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    An example to us all.
    I thought that was a brilliant film. 'Specially at the end where it turns out the brain woman is an obsessive overeater.

Anyway I agree with the general concensus, both that it is a joke and that it's the trust issue, not the fact reduction of her breasts means he doesn't feel sexually attracted to her anymore or whatever.

(Original post by gas_panic!)
    Girl: "where have you been for the past 2 days?"
    Bloke: "i've just had a heart transplant. whats it to you?"
    Girl: "why on earth didn't you tell me?"
    Bloke: "Cause its nothing to do with you *****. It's my body! I'll do what i want!" <drops the nut>

wow! What a trusting relationship that must be.
    This is brilliant, lmao when I read it. Though I'd like to know what you mean by <drops the nut>

(Original post by Mangaroo)
    if i got told this

It's my life, my body.
    id tell her she could go enjoy it on her own too.
    Totally agree with you there.

ReputationRep:
    Would this thread have reached 4 pages long if the OP had complained that his girlfriend had gone for a breast enlargement instead of reduction?

it wouldnt have reached four pages if people who had any sense posted earlier instead of nubs like chi3f saying its her life she can do whatever she wants with it...totally missing the point...hes not her mother and his girlfriend didnt get a tatoo.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of my opinion on the actual issue, this thread has served to convince me that this forum is populated by some very immature, narrow-minded individuals.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, feminazis.

Everywhere!

(Original post by [email protected])

This is brilliant, lmao when I read it. Though I'd like to know what you mean by <drops the nut>
    To drop the nut on someone is to headbutt someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewwy)
    this has put a dreadful strain on the relationship.
    why? if she wasn't happy with it, she can bloody well go ahead and do it cos it's her body. besides, why should it bother you? you should love her for her personality and wit and mind and not just her boobs. obviously, there's something wrong with your r'ship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    why? if she wasn't happy with it, she can bloody well go ahead and do it cos it's her body. besides, why should it bother you? you should love her for her personality and wit and mind and not just her boobs. obviously, there's something wrong with your r'ship
    *sigh*
    No. Having a breast reduction is fairly major surgery. It is an important, life-changing decision, regardless of the motivation behind it. If you're in a relationship, you should be able to talk about issues like this, it's not just like having your ears pierced. Imagine if something went wrong during the op and her boyfriend didn't even know she was having it done, it'd be awful. The issue is not "you should love her for her personality, not her boobs", it's "why the HELL did she not feel able to discuss such an important decision with him?" Any decent guy would support his girlfriend if having the op was the right thing to do, and was going to make her life better, but to not even be told would be like a slap in the face. I can see exactly why it'd put a strain on the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but I get the feeling that he would've tried to talk her out of it.
    it's all down to her, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    yeah, but I get the feeling that he would've tried to talk her out of it.
    it's all down to her, really.
    What makes you say that he might try and talk her out of it? If her motives behind getting the op were sound, and if the op would ensure a better quality of life, he might be 'normal' and, shock horror, actually be supportive:eek:

Not all guys feel that big-boobs are the be all and end all, y'know.

(Original post by squirly)
    Why should she have consulted you about it? It's her body and she can do what she wants with it.
    :ditto:...i mean its not like you guys are married.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.