The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

extra-curricular activities and hobbies

Too bad I already submitted my application. I do have a question though. How much emphasis do you place on extra-curricular activities and hobbies? I practically omitted this from my personal statement because I ran out of space and wanted to make my personal statement focused on my course and why I'm interested in it. I mostly just wrote about what attracted me to wanting to study it and what I've done at school that got me interested in the course. I did a long paragraph about my work experience and wrote what I've learned from it and how it relates to my course but I didn't want to cut out stuff that I thought was relevant just to fit in a paragraph about hobbies/extra-curriculars. Is this okay? It's just that most people do write a couple of sentences about hobbies and clubs they are a member of so now I'm starting to worry I should have done.
Hi there,

It sounds like you have mentioned some very important skills and attributes that would make you make you an excellent student and why you want to do the course. It can be difficult with the amount of space you have to write everything in your Personal Statement, don’t worry, your reason to study your chosen degree and the skills and knowledge you have that will make you unique are more important to Admissions Tutors.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Quick Reply