Turn on thread page Beta

bogies!!! Kinda childish thread title l know watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about this, but I want to know what people do.....

OK, you know every so often you get a kinda 'pick-me' bogie up your nose sorta dry and to high and dry to wipe but to low to ignore?? In private you undoubtedly do the simple thing and give it the finger, but wtf do you do in public?? OK, i admit my hands don't function quite as well as most others, but l was having dinner out with my parents the other day and trying all sorts of things with a tissue but just couldn't dislodge the *******! Is there a trick??

Apologies again for the thread

ReputationRep:
    Get a tissue & blow extremely hard.

Alternatively, excuse yourself & in the privacy of the toilets, do what you like.

ReputationRep:
    Id go to the loo personally. I tend to get those with my hay fever. Really annoying, because you can feel it tugging on those little hairs in your nose.

ReputationRep:
    point in the opposite direction and say, "oh my god its the pope!" then when everyone looks the other way quickly whip it out.

ReputationRep:
    look down as if your searching for something and do it uber fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory)
    Id go to the loo personally. I tend to get those with my hay fever. Really annoying, because you can feel it tugging on those little hairs in your nose.
    Yeh, trouble is, me going to a loo in a resturaunt normally involves a parent or two getting up too, if theres steps or very close tables - and l don't like causing trouble like that.

ReputationRep:
    'Drop' your fork or spoon or something, if in the middle of a dinner/lunch in a restaurant and then try to put your head under the table pretending that you are trying to pick up the fork. Give the supposed '*******' a jolly well pull while under the table and you will be free!

ReputationRep:
    I once found a website about this... lol.... it had step by step instructions on what to do, and even little diagrams. I will try to find it again. Bear with.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebee)
    I once found a website about this... lol.... it had step by step instructions on what to do, and even little diagrams. I will try to find it again. Bear with.:p:
    Some people need a hobby.

ReputationRep:
    for some reason that doesn't surprize me, is there one on wiping your arse as well by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Some people need a hobby.

Duh! I blatently have one!

ReputationRep:
    Duh! I blatently have one!
    I meant the people who wrote it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eccentric Man)
    Yeh, trouble is, me going to a loo in a resturaunt normally involves a parent or two getting up too, if theres steps or very close tables - and l don't like causing trouble like that.
    PLUS then they'd realise it was for a booger and the whole "discreet" thing goes out the window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikipedia)
    Mucophagy is the consumption of the mucus thus extracted, and is commonly referred to as "picking your nose and eating it" (where 'it' refers to the mucus rather than the nose).
    There's an interesting tidbit for ya!

ReputationRep:
    this thread is HILARIOUS!!

if only there were more happy threads on H&R. oops sorry, having nasty boogers isn't happy :P

i have a bag that says "boys eat boogers when no one's watching"

ok just so that i will have contributed something useful to this thread, whenever my sister and I used to sit on the bus or train she had this awful habit of picking her nose and she just did it so openly like she didn't care who was watching. and she didn't. she insisted that tissues just weren't as good as a finger, so we came to a compromise that she would have to use a tissue wrapped round her finger. and she claimed it wasn't as good but she would survive.

and all was well on the buses and trains of glasgow thereafter

maybe you could do something subtle involving wiping your mouth with a tissue but underneath it you have a finger armed with tissue...

ReputationRep:
    Seriously. When people pick their nose on buses I gag. And then when they eat it. It is just..horrific.
    And with ear wax? Ew ew ew ew x1000

Manners people manners..theres a time and place and all that.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I agree with you ^ on ear wax... it tastes horrible.

As for the bogies, I usually find rubbing the offending nostril helps, but often, if I can't pick it out, I'll sneeze it out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.