When should I apply - unconditional Watch

shredoholic_strat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Is it an advantage to get an early application form in? Yet I then wouldnt be able to go to some open days (eg oct/nov), but obviously would have a look round the area/uni myself.

What do you think?
thegreatstupendo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You want to know when to apply to get an unconditional?
If this is what you're asking, it doesn't really make a huge amount of difference.
gianthead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I applied at the begining of November after my A-levels and got unconditionals for all
thegreatstupendo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you already have your A-level results, and the university want to offer you a place with those grades, then they'll gie you an unconditional offer whenever you apply, as you have fulfilled all the conditions they would require you to have fulfilled in order to take the course.

The chances of getting an unconditional offer before you have A-levels is very small.
shredoholic_strat
Rep:
?
I want to know how much of an advantage it is getting an early application in?
Especially as I'll have the grades already.

I WILL have an unconditional offer as finished A-levels applying this year.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There are lots of open days over the summer, so try to go to those. It is generally thought that applying early is best, but obviously don't make it so early you rush your application.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cartleman)
I want to know how much of an advantage it is getting an early application in?
Especially as I'll have the grades already.

I WILL have an unconditional offer as finished A-levels applying this year.
Apply before November if you ask me. Universities begin to give out offers from then, and you'll want to be in the initial pile so they can make a quick decision on your application or at least defer it for later processing. Don't wait until January 15 when half the intended number of offers have already been given out.. you're shooting yourself in your own foot. But like Juno said, start early and don't rush it. Now is a good time to begin thinking about your PS and drafting one.
Trundle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm sure it doesn't make a huge difference, but don't leave it too late. Definitely aim for the end of October/early November. Don't expect an early response, some Universities take 4-5 months!
shredoholic_strat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trundle)
Don't expect an early response, some Universities take 4-5 months!
!!! I'll be far far away, from january till august - what are the implications of this? Can my parents do everything for me?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cartleman)
!!! I'll be far far away, from january till august - what are the implications of this? Can my parents do everything for me?
Won't you have access to the internet at all?

As long as you do, you're fine.

And if you don't, just make sure the universities you're applying to are aware of your absence, so they don't schedule you for any interviews. Beyond that, your parents can check Track on your behalf and receive/respond to offer on your behalf. It should be fine as long as your applications go as planned.
gianthead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Trundle)
I'm sure it doesn't make a huge difference, but don't leave it too late. Definitely aim for the end of October/early November. Don't expect an early response, some Universities take 4-5 months!
on the other hand, my first choice gave me an offer within 10 days of applying! depends on the course and the university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads