Higher chemistry help Watch

laurenbrodie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a NAB on Friday and need good revision notes/tips. And if anyone has a practice NAB it would help. My school doesn't have scholar so that won't work. The NAB is on Unit One- Energy matters.

thanks!
laurenbrodie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Apologetic Cube)
Christ, your class is a little behind, is it not?

When I did Higher, I didn't use Scholar as it just seemed to give far too much irrelevant information; you want a resource that is concise. For me, that was the BrightRed textbook. If you learn that book off-by-heart, you'll most likely get an A.

So if you've got the BrightRed book, you just want to work your way through all of the topics in Unit 1 using that book. Then if you're looking for additional questions, which are very useful, try getting your hands on the "Chemcord" books, which contains an abundance of revision questions, all organised by topic.

If you want to be even more thorough, you could then work your way through all of the Unit 1 past paper questions. That would stand you in very good stead for the NABs/prelim/exam.
Yeah we are quite behind but we'll get there! Hopefully haha,thanks so much
SCHOLARuk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by laurenbrodie)
I have a NAB on Friday and need good revision notes/tips. And if anyone has a practice NAB it would help. My school doesn't have scholar so that won't work. The NAB is on Unit One- Energy matters.

thanks!
Can we ask which school you're at? Nearly all schools in Scotland do have access to SCHOLAR, although some schools are better at making use of it, or even just making pupils aware that they have access to it, than others.

If you would prefer not to reply in this discussion thread then feel free to send us a message instead, but no problem if you would rather not tell us.
greenladybird
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're looking for websites you could try evans2chemweb.co.uk
Like scholar it requires a school login though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads