The Student Room Group

Eligibility for tuition fee loan?

OK - long story, but the short version is this:

I started a degree course back in 2009 - I dropped out in 2010 due to splitting with my ex partner who i have two children with. Fast forward to now, I have custody of my children and I wish to do an open university degree. I find out that there is a significant overpayment (to the tune of £7500) as there was missing evidence for my 09/10 degree course I started. I have now made arrangements to pay this off and am looking to retrieve some of the evidence to hopefully reduce this amount.

However I have been told two different things from Student Finance, one that I can get a tuition fee loan to cover the costs of OU as long as a repayment plan is in place (it is) and the other, is, well no chance if you are in 'arrears'.

Anybody been in a similar situation or know where I stand on this? The missing evidence is the 09/10 child tax credits end of year notice and childcare costs confirmation (which were both in my ex partners name and very difficult to obtain information - original documents would have long gone).

Cheers
Hi there,

If there are arrears on your account. The balance must be paid before reapplying.

Have you spoke to our collections team regarding this.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending