anutty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know there's no official answer to this, but I was wondering if anyone has had any offers from; Westminster, Loughborough, Middlesex, Bath Spa or Swansea.
I applied on the 20th November so it wasn't too long ago, but was just wondering how quickly others received their offers.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Different Unis respond to applications differently.

Some will give out offers as applications come in. Others will do this monthly etc.
Some will use 'gathered field' - they wait until all initial applications are in (ie after 15 Jan) then look at them all together before making decisions. Sometimes they also hold 'reserve lists' and make offers later once they know what the demand for the course is.

So dont assume that because you havn't heard you wont get an offer. The Unis have to reply by 8 May - it could take that long to get a response
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anytime from 1 day to the 8th of May.
Portia1993
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I applied mid October and had 1 offer within 4 days or something silly and my second from Westminster within about 2 weeks I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
xsindy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ages. :'(
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on the uni and how strong your application is.
For me, I heard back from the lower ranks unis on my application within a couple of weeks - the first within 3 days of applying! The two higher ranked unis I had to wait for a couple of months to hear back.
Some unis will give out offers immediately to those who meet their requirements and look suitable for the course. Some will process applications in batches, e.g. every month. Some will wait until after the January equal consideration deadline in order to be able to compare all the applicants (this is particularly true for competitive courses/ unis/ those with really small courses). Some will give out offers immediately to those applicants who will obviously exceed the offer and do well on the course and reject those who haven't got a chance, then hold the others until after the equal consideration deadline (I would expect most of your unis to fall within this category). Some unis will publish their offers all on the same day (e.g. Oxbridge) so that all applicants hear the result at the same time.
Also, remember that it is currently the Christmas break. I doubt that unis are working much on applications during the holidays, so it is likely you will have to wait until after the January deadline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (646)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (817)
42.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.61%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.51%

Watched Threads