The Student Room Group

Leaving University either after the first year, will I get any money back?

Scroll to see replies

I know it's low ranked but solent has great facilites includimg a fully functioning tv studio

Posted from TSR Mobile
You will have to pay 25% of your fee's if you leave now. This is covered by student finance luckily, and you'll pay it back once you're earning over £21k per year. Your fee waiver comes off your fee's in the third term, so you'll be charged 25% of the full tuition fee amount, not the reduced amount.

Your maintenance loan will also be paid back when you're earning over £21k.

If you received a grant, any overpayment will need to be paid back straight away.

If you go to another university, you would have used up your gift year, and will only be entitled to the length of your new course to be funded, with no gift years or re-sit years.
Reply 22
Original post by hayley_lucy
Actually, it was Film and TV Production, the uni's supposed to be good. But I WANT a job, but not completely saying no to another Uni.

You do know how hard it is to get a career in Film and TV Production, its all about contacts not what you know. I would change the course as i had a friend who did that course at Aberystwyth University and he graduated 2 years ago and currently he works at The Range.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending