The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick manufacturing group (WMG) department

Hello,

Just a quick question for anyone who is in or knows about the WMG department (searching the forum didn't reveal much).

I'm sure it's not as highly regarded as Warwicks Maths or Economics departments, but does anyone know if it is though of? I ask this because, for such a high ranking/prestigious university, all the Msc courses in this department only require a 2:2 for those wishing to apply. Why might this be the case? I can't help but think that perhaps it is not too highly regarded/challenging/worthwhile.

Does anyone have any more info on this department? Of course on the WMG website it speaks highly of itself up as would any department, however other perspectives might be helpful.

Thanks for any info.
3 years ago but I'd still like to know too!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
bump
WMG is one of the largest departments at the University of Warwick. It does almost everything in partnership with companies. Has a big research profile in a wide range of technologies and fields. eg Battery technology - not so much the chemistry but how can we build factories that can make batteries efficiently, large research groups looking at autonomous vehicles, a large SME support team of experts who work with over 250 SMEs a year. Teams in AI and Data Analytics, Automation, Digital Healthcare, Cyber security, materials, 3D printing, metrology etc. If you want to learn about real businesses and the technology, methods and operations then WMG is a unique place to study.A place to study that has a lot more than classrooms and staff that have nearly all worked in Industry before coming academics.

Quick Reply

Latest