painful spot near vagina!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Keep anon. Few days back I got a small spot near my vagina. it has now gone bigger full of liquid and painful when touched. I had the same one 2/3 weeks back but it went away but now I have another one :eek:. I'm not sexually active so hopefully not a STD. If its any relevant I live in a shared house which means which I have to share a toilet with strangers...Anyone ever had this or know what it may be? I don't want to go doctors if its nothing to worry about.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Keep anon. Few days back I got a small spot near my vagina. it has now gone bigger full of liquid and painful when touched. I had the same one 2/3 weeks back but it went away but now I have another one :eek:. I'm not sexually active so hopefully not a STD. If its any relevant I live in a shared house which means which I have to share a toilet with strangers...Anyone ever had this or know what it may be? I don't want to go doctors if its nothing to worry about.
You can't catch anything like that from a toilet seat. I'm not sexually active and have had a similar thing appear on the skin around my vagina. It was a lump, about the same size as a large spot, which was underneath a few layers of skin and felt as though it was full of liquid. It was sore/itchy, but disappeared within a few days without treatment. I think I've had 3 in total, and they've all gone away. I've never had any other symptoms of anything and it can't be an STD for me, either. Does that sound like the same thing?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You can't catch anything like that from a toilet seat. I'm not sexually active and have had a similar thing appear on the skin around my vagina. It was a lump, about the same size as a large spot, which was underneath a few layers of skin and felt as though it was full of liquid. It was sore/itchy, but disappeared within a few days without treatment. I think I've had 3 in total, and they've all gone away. I've never had any other symptoms of anything and it can't be an STD for me, either. Does that sound like the same thing?
Sounds like that except its not itchy but very painful.
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spots and cysts are common in that area as its warm and moist. Just make sure you wash it regularly and get some germolene or something to put on it to help.
kevinkrieger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you should go to a doctor to checkit out since it is painful and also make sure you are wearing clean, dry, cotton underwear and do not rubb the area.
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This sounds like a cyst.
They are actually very common.
Best thing to do is see a doctor if they do not go away. They can be removed in a small surgical operation, depending on how painful and uncomfortable they are for you. a cyst is a build up of fluid in a particular area and a doctor can help you more with this. If they do disappear and keep coming back then please see a doctor as this could be a sign of something else, such as a deficiency.
Caribbean Queen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It sounds like an inflamed hair follic, a minour cyst or an in growing hair. These are all common and most women and men will experience this at some point or another. I am not a doctor and my advice is an old Caribbean home remidy. So try at your own risk. Use warm salt water to sooth and clean the area sea salt is best but table is ok. Salt is antibacterial and has a slight numbing effect and the warm water opens the poars and draws the inflammation to the surface. Use a sterilized pin or needle to open the lump but only do this if puss is near the surface (you can see puss under the skin). Squeeze the puss out to relive the pressure and pain. If it is an in growing hair the hair will come out with the puss or kerotin. Or you my have to pick the hair out from under the skin with the pin or needle. Once the hair is visible use a tweezer to remove the hair. It is very import that you get all the puss out or the lump will become reinfected and swell up . And you may have to squeeze the lump again. Once all the puss is out bathe the area in warm salty water again. Then apply an over the counter antiseptic, tea tree oil or lavender oil to prevent infection.( always dilute essentul oils with olive oil). For the next 3 days continue to bath the area in warm salty water . If after 3-7 days there is no improvement see your doctor.If the lump is flesh coloured and there is no sign of puss then do not try to pop the lump. Bathe the area with warm salty water until the puss comes to the surface or until the lump develops a little point or scab. Then you should follow the steps above to extract the puss. It is believed that the puss has to be extracted or the lump will continue to reappear and disappear until the puss is reabsorbed by the body or lump pops on its own. It is also believe that the in growing hair has to be removed to stop irritation.It is very important that you do not attempt to pop the lump if the inflamation or puss is deep under the skin as this will do more harm than good. If the inflammation does not come to the surfac then please see your doctor as my need antibiotics or you may need surgery to extract the puss and surrounding tissue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (79)
38.73%
Take autumn exams (68)
33.33%
Look for a job (6)
2.94%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.43%
Take a year out (31)
15.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.37%

Watched Threads